Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi all, hope you can settle a little argument we are having at moment, we are thinking of going to France next year, and because we are travelling from N.I. i think it would be cheaper and quicker to fly over and stay in one of the Key camps whereas my hubby says taking our own caravan and towing would be better. Has anyone done either, love to hear from you.

Jenny

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
If you are going to fly or drive without towing to french camp sites I would suggest you check out their own mobile home / static availability and book direct - they are a lot cheaper than Key Camp or Eurocamp.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jenny I have met quite a few folks from NI whilst in europe and it seems to be 2 day trip for them.

One year we were sailing from Roysth and the family behind us had got the ferry to Stranraer in the morning and was taking the overnight to Zeebrugge before heading off to Austria.

I think he paid about

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
LD lines have started /are starting a new ferry service for Rosslare to Le Havre. I understand that there'll be discount offers for 2009 from an email I had.

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jennifer drive to rosslare and take irish ferries to either roscoff or cherbourg they go every other day and you will have a relaxing 15 hours on the boat get a cabin have a good nights sleep and be fresh for the drive in france you should get the ferry for about 1000 euro return or a little less and you should manage the drive to rosslare in about 5 hours.

luke

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies, the ferry going from Rosslare to France sounds a good idea. Think i will do a bit of research on net for prices etc for both options see which comes out cheapest.

Thanks to all Jenny,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts