Towbar beeping!

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Towbar beeping! Has anyone experienced an audible beep from their towbar when indicating? It's only recently started to happen with the caravan is attached. It's a Mrk3 2015 model.When indicating left there is no beep (and both the car and the caravan indicators work fine), but when indicating right there's a 'beep, beep, beep....' sound and the caravan right indicator does not work. The car indicator still works.From what I've read briefly in other forums, I understand I shouldn't be getting a beep at all if the correct electronic system specific to the Santa Fe was fitted with the towbar?

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Also worth checking both the plug and socket and the security of the wiring- not possible either that the cable has dragged on the road surface en route? Or if the caravan bulb is intact check the security of the bulb socket and firm fixing and lack of corrosion on the metal lighting ‘board’ on the offside.
I had the same problem on my Elddis and the fault was the bulb holder on the right side allowing intermittent contact.
My earlier systems beeped in time with the indicator -annoying- much rather this system that beeps to indicate a fault and otherwise is quiet! If I recall correctly it is a legal requirement to have a driver alert to inform of any trailer lighting fault.

Reactions: neilfellows
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We had a similar issue on a Volvo S80. I removed the bulb, cleaned the contact on the bulb and also the light socket in the car and problem resolved. Check this first before replacing the bulb.

Reactions: neilfellows
Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Also worth checking both the plug and socket and the security of the wiring- not possible either that the cable has dragged on the road surface en route? Or if the caravan bulb is intact check the security of the bulb socket and firm fixing and lack of corrosion on the metal lighting ‘board’ on the offside.
I had the same problem on my Elddis and the fault was the bulb holder on the right side allowing intermittent contact.
My earlier systems beeped in time with the indicator -annoying- much rather this system that beeps to indicate a fault and otherwise is quiet! If I recall correctly it is a legal requirement to have a driver alert to inform of any trailer lighting fault.
Thanks for the info! I've got the car booked in for a free tow bar service so will mention it, plus the caravan service a couple of weeks later so hopefully between the two of them it should get sorted!

TRENDING THREADS