Towbar for Mitsubishi Shogun

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
I have a Towsure towbar fitted to my 2006 shogun and I tow a van with a Alko stabiliser. Th problem is to hitch up the stabiliser arm hits ths spare wheel mounted on the rear door of the shogun.

Solutions

I have purchased the Alko 4x4 adapter handle for the stabiliser fitted the maximum permited spacer to the tow bar 25mm and I am stil experiencing dificulties particularly when haveing reversed into a space the toe car is at an angle to the van.

I have noticed some shoguns with tow bars thet project much further from the rear of the vehicle so far out the spare wheel looks as though it would not be a problem.

Cany anyone tel me what make of towbar it could be?

By the way I have also gon through the proces of un hitching by opening the rear door NIGHTMARE.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
I have a 2004 LWB Shogun Elegance Auto with a Mitsubishi towbar and a 1 inch spacer between the towbar and towball. I have no problems hitching or unhitching. I have heard of non Mitsubishi tow bars causing problems. I also have the alko 2004 stabiliser with the normal handle.

Hamer

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 2005 shogun with the warrior wheels fitted, and tow-bar fitted at Mitsubishi dealer,which extends far enough out to enable clearance of the wider spare with the use of the handle modification for the alko hitch without the need to open the rear door or hitch up at an angle as some have to do.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian

Our Shogun is 2002, Witter tow bar, no spacer needed, had it fitted by our local independent tow bar fitter, the Al ko stabiliser arms need to be at 45 degrees when hitching uo otherwise no problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts