Towergate Insurance

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi we've just returned from the caravan show at the NEC and have gotten a few quotes for our caravan.The cover we needed was for leaving the caravan in France for 6 months and 6 months home use.
Towergate insurance gave us the best quote at just over £230
This is a market value quote which we are happy about.
Has anyone ever had any dealings with Towergate Insurance as in making a claim etc?Were they good or would you advise another company?
Must say i like the new Hobby range of caravans (if only i had the money)!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
keithp said:
Hi we've just returned from the caravan show at the NEC and have gotten a few quotes for our caravan.The cover we needed was for leaving the caravan in France for 6 months and 6 months home use.
Towergate insurance gave us the best quote at just over £230
This is a market value quote which we are happy about.
Has anyone ever had any dealings with Towergate Insurance as in making a claim etc?Were they good or would you advise another company?
Must say i like the new Hobby range of caravans (if only i had the money)!

We were insured with them at one time and made a claim and no quibbles about paying. I can recommend them, but get a quote from one of the clubs first to do a comparison.

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks surfer,
We've had a quote from c&cc and if we join the club (£40) they could do it for £265, The caravan club wont even quote.They said we need to be at the caravan for the 6 months.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I understand why the CC would not quote. Towergate are a large and reputable insurance broker who will place your business with an insurer probably from a panel. I dealt with them when working and had no problems with them but have never used them for my own insurance.
Thanks surfer,
We've had a quote from c&cc and if we join the club (£40) they could do it for £265, The caravan club wont even quote.They said we need to be at the caravan for the 6 months.
[/quote]

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm with AA insurance through Towergate ad we claimed for door and lock damage that happened in Europe. When we got back it was all sorted quickly and they transferred the money to us to pay the repair bill. I would reccomed the,... The insurance went up by just under £2 a month when we renewed it.

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I have had to phone the CC today, as they had taken a payment from my bank for the insurance that i had already told them i didn't want! I asked again about insuring the caravan whilst it was left in France and got told the same again,They wouldn't cover it.They said i would be better to take out their policy for 9 months and then pay £10 to cancel it in November. Then take out th other insurance from Towergate when we go to France!!!!

Dangerous2008,Thanks for that info,i think i'll take Towergate up on their quote.It's always good to havefeedback from people "in the know".
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS