Towing Mirrors for a Discovery 2

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hortimech
you must have the extra wide version of the disco 1 that they built for moon landings, if, as you say you don't need towing mirrors. it is a legal requirement please do not give incorrect and misleading information to newcomers
Andyred
Sprocket has given you the link for probably the most popular mirrors on the market, also remember as well as being an offence not to have them on while towing it is also an offence to have them fitted while driving solo, welcome to this caravanning milarky
smiley-smile.gif

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andy,
I can also recommend the Milenco Grand Aero. I have used these on my Discovery 2. Just one thing - I find they work better with the arms clamped to the bottom of the mirror housing rather than the top, otherwise I find they interfere with the electric adjustment of the Land Rover mirrors.
Nigel

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Have bought the Grand Aero as well but got the flat mirrors am used to convex ,fortunately they sell the heads separately so will have to just pay up.As M o W says check them out first.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If you get in touch with Milenco they might swap them for you Dave. Failing that, put the unwanted mirrors on Fleabay, they always fetch good prices.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll give that a try Steve,a pair of convex lenses posted is £33 so if I buy a new set ,anything more than £20 will be a bonus.I'll try and give Milenco a call or email first see if they will help.Thanks for the advice

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
Andyred90 said:
Hi could anyone suggest a good set of towing mirrors for the disco 2 please as we are newcomers to the fold !

Thanks Andy

These will fit as I use them when towing with the wifes Disco 1
Milenco Grand Aero Towing Mirror
If you caravan is wider than your car, it is a legal requirement that you fit additional mirrors on both sides.

I use those on my very old Disco

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
With regard to Flat or Convex mirrors, we had discussion on the forum a while ago and it's really up to personal preference.
Convex mirrors give a greater field of view, but the image will be distorted and everything appears further away than it is.
Flat mirrors make it easier to judge the distance of vehicles behind you, if you need to pull out to overtake.
We got ours from The Caravan Shop, Glasgow and they arrived to us in East Anglia in less than 24hrs. If you decide to buy some from your caravan dealer, they may allow you to try both types by sitting in their car park, so that you can see what the rear view is like with both types.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts