Towing mpg for Honda CRV diesel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the mpg is when towing. My van is 1300kg max weight and I normally tow with a Citroen C8 2.2hdi which gives me 23 to 25 mpg when towing. I'm thinking about fitting a towbar to my wifes new Crv but only if the mpg is substantially better than the Citroen.

Thanks Cliff

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Cliff,

Take a look at this months Caravan Club magazine, it has a back-to-back owners review of the CRV and the Toyota RAV4 - and our copy is at home so much of this is from memory - but they do post fuel consumption figures

I seem to remember that the CRV "user contributed" write up didn't mention the new Honda diesel engine - probably just too new

Both Toyota and Honda are way out in front in terms of build quality, something needed fixing (on average) every 90,000 miles on the Toyota, and every 180,000 miles on the Honda.

The CRV was liked for it's part time 2 wheel drive automatically switching to 4 wheel drive when things got a bit slippy

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cliff,

Take a look at this months Caravan Club magazine, it has a back-to-back owners review of the CRV and the Toyota RAV4 - and our copy is at home so much of this is from memory - but they do post fuel consumption figures

I seem to remember that the CRV "user contributed" write up didn't mention the new Honda diesel engine - probably just too new

Both Toyota and Honda are way out in front in terms of build quality, something needed fixing (on average) every 90,000 miles on the Toyota, and every 180,000 miles on the Honda.

The CRV was liked for it's part time 2 wheel drive automatically switching to 4 wheel drive when things got a bit slippy

Robert
Thanx for that.I've just read the article but the diesel engined model is not really mentioned , most people having the petrol version.

cliff

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cliff, I have a diesel CRV which was new in January. I have only managed one trip away with the van since then. On a varied route from Poole to Taunton I achieved about 30mpg. Previously I had a petrol 2002 CRV and I thought that was a reasonable tow car but the diesel is very good. If it improves with a few miles on the clock I think it will be excellent.

I have done 4000 miles solo and get upper 30's on varied run. I get 40+ on mainly motorway. Solo I get about 30% more mpg than I did with the Petrol, I think that when towing it will give similar results.

Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cliff, I have a diesel CRV which was new in January. I have only managed one trip away with the van since then. On a varied route from Poole to Taunton I achieved about 30mpg. Previously I had a petrol 2002 CRV and I thought that was a reasonable tow car but the diesel is very good. If it improves with a few miles on the clock I think it will be excellent.

I have done 4000 miles solo and get upper 30's on varied run. I get 40+ on mainly motorway. Solo I get about 30% more mpg than I did with the Petrol, I think that when towing it will give similar results.

Ray
I meant of course 30% more than the petrol version gives when towing i.e The diesel gives about 30mpg when towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Ray
Hi ray

thanks for that.

cliff

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts