Towing with a Ford Galaxy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am thinking of purchasing a Ford Galaxy 1.9 tdci, 130 ps.to tow my Bailey Ranger 500/5, I tow at the moment with a Mondeo 2ltr tdci. Could anyone give me any good or bad comments on the Galaxy as a tow car.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Same as VW Sharran or Seat Alhambra surely and plenty here tow with those if you check around this site.

Punches a bigger hole through the Air with wheels nearer to the corners so should be better than the Mondeo in some ways.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Same as VW Sharran or Seat Alhambra surely and plenty here tow with those if you check around this site.

Punches a bigger hole through the Air with wheels nearer to the corners so should be better than the Mondeo in some ways.
Thanks Cris

we are happy with the mondeo but would like a bigger car and the Galaxy is our choice.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

We have a 1999 V reg Ford Galaxy 1.9tdi, and a 2005 Bailey Ranger 550/6 - we don't even know it's on the back of the car!

As yet, we can't fault it - it tows like a dream.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a Galaxy 1.9 tdi. Althought the engine and 6 speed gearbox made for great towing. You can tell when you have between .5 and 1.5 tonnes on the back as you can with any car under 40 litre.

This was my first and deinately LAST ford, the fixures and fitting supplied by ford are sub standard and the service is mediocre. Get a Kia sedona instead, you get the car you're paying for and fantastic service from engineers who actualy care.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
There is some truth in what you say Pete. It's hard to buy a car now which is what it claims to be. Saabs are Vauxhall, Volvos are Ford/Volkswagen. Jaguars are Ford, Peugeot/Renault/Citroen/Nissan are all the same car. It's beyond a joke.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts