towing with a mondeo 2.0 tdci

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Depends what year of Bailey you are buying, what model your Mondeo is (115/130 BHP) etc.

As a general statement, Mondeo TDCI's make good towcars (I would say that I own one), but it does depends on weight or caravan, and engine output of the Mondeo amongst other things.

You may want to look at http://www.whattowcar.com/ as this will enable you put in you 'outfit' and calculate its suitability as a towing match.

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
Depends what year of Bailey you are buying, what model your Mondeo is (115/130 BHP) etc.

As a general statement, Mondeo TDCI's make good towcars (I would say that I own one), but it does depends on weight or caravan, and engine output of the Mondeo amongst other things.

You may want to look at http://www.whattowcar.com/ as this will enable you put in you 'outfit' and calculate its suitability as a towing match.
the bailey we are going to be buying is 2006 model and we havent bought a car yet we are just looking around for a good deal cos we are getting a 2nd hand one. we would prefer a estate because of the boot room.

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site

ok thanks for that advice i will have a look at that site now.

Sep 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Moggie30

See you in rugby on Sunday
Hi moggie30

I have a mondeo estate 115ps(20 tdci) and I tow a 2005 Bailey Senator Oklahoma with no problems at all. Massive load space, as you can imagine. On a good journey I can get approx 30-35 mpg towing, while solo I can get around 50-55 mpg. I have a 53 plated mondeo and in 5th gear at around 2000 revs I do around 60 mph. Brilliant tow-car, but I am a bit bias.

andrew

Aug 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi there, we had a mondeo tdci 130 ghia x until 6 months ago when we changed the caravan to a twin axle. It towed our bailey pageant vendee like a dream, our only problem was wheel spinning on wet grass. The boot is huge and it towed at 36mpg.Check the clutch i had to have it changed twice under warranty as it kept stalling. Happy caravanning. Mark

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
I tow a Pageant Bretagne with a TDCi 130 estate. No problem at all, loads of power.

As mentioned above, the only problem is wet grass but I think that would be a problem with any front wheel drive car.

Steve

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i tow a senator indiana with my mondeo TDCI 130 estate at 60 mph in 6th gear i am doing about 1500 rpm but i only get 29 mpg towing not as good as Andrew ,but from Swansea to reading solo along the M4 keeping in 6th gear as much as possible and keeping it around 60mph i had 64 MPG ,thats at 430 Am in the morning , that was a one of though ,it normaly averages about 55mpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts