towing with kia sedona

Jan 30, 2006
Visit site
hi as anyone towed a large caravan with the sedona if so what do you think of it as tow car also are they reliable thinking of buying 04 diesel manual thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ive had my 03 2.9 sedona (manual) just over a year still going well and had no troubles with it whatsoever , its a great towcar with bags of grunt and torque and very stable im getting 29mpg towing a twin axle caravan and 34 solo

try Kia-forums.com for your answers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree, they don't go much about 90mph but heavy enough to hold the larger caravans down.

They also have a nice big 110 amp battery you can use when on a none serviced pitch.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes but if you went for the Sorento it would be much safer when towing as it has AWD when needed.

The CC voted it Towcar of the year for 2005.

And they really do now their stuff!

Feb 8, 2006
Visit site
I Pulled a bailey 550/6 at 1300kg with a Galaxy 2.3 and you felt it needed a push.Bought a 2004 new sedona and towed same van had to remember it was on the back with a return on mpg off 28 mpg which is what the galaxy did solo.How pull a 1692 kg twin axle bailey and still tows as if nothing on the back and returns 26-27 mpg with 34-37 mpg solo.If the new sedona out in aug .06 is as good I will buy kia again.If you have kids buy the le with the dvd in.Good towing

cliff

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Brian

Consider another car. Maybe even the sorrento as this has proved itself to be worth the money where the sedona will fall foul of the usual kia trait of being a cheap car that will loose money faster than almost any other car in existence.

The problem with Kia's is their resale, the sorrento will avoid most of this as it is carving a great market for itself. The Sedona will be just another import with a far to big an engine for anyone other than people who tow.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
OK, you spell Brian like that and Pete like that

now as my previous post was addressed to Brian, what part of it involved you?

You realy need to get some help

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
No I am realy interested in how you turned a legitimate answer to someone else into a personal attack against you.

I did not put any snide remarks in it, I answered the poster directly and I gave my opinion (which is what forums are for). So please tell me what you consider in my post is to "try to start an argument" because I cannot for the life of me see it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts