Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi George

The Peugeot 206 is a light car but haveing said that it will tow anything that is 85% of its kerb weight, which is not going to be very big van, If you are serious about caravaning then first think about the towing vehicle Diesel is best for towing.Then there would be no wories about towing.

I hope this is not too late, I have just seen your query. I have not been on for some time, If I can help in any other way come back.

Good luck and happy Camping

Jim M

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i would think youve got no chance,no disrespect, but theres no way i would even consider towing with this car.do they actually make a bracket for it??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Look at the Freedom Microlight with a maximum laden weight of 14 cwt. You can get to their web site from the Practical Caravan main menu - New Caravans.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i would think youve got no chance,no disrespect, but theres no way i would even consider towing with this car.do they actually make a bracket for it??
Towing Brackets are available for nearly all cars as many are only used to tow small camping, general purpose & boat trailers.

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
You wouldn't be able to tow much due to the lightness of the car, may be look at the trailer tent types. But the engine size of 1.1 will also cause problems for at least 95% of the caravans out there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello George,

My source of information suggests that 1.1L 206's have a maximum permitted towed mass of 700Kg (0.7Tonne).

There are not many caravans that would fall into this weight category, though Freedom and Eriba both do very small vans that might fit the bill. Not withstanding that this is a "caravanners" forum, you might wish to consider one of the Trailer Tents which offer a lot of space for a small weight.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hello George,

My source of information suggests that 1.1L 206's have a maximum permitted towed mass of 700Kg (0.7Tonne).

There are not many caravans that would fall into this weight category, though Freedom and Eriba both do very small vans that might fit the bill. Not withstanding that this is a "caravanners" forum, you might wish to consider one of the Trailer Tents which offer a lot of space for a small weight.
Hi,

The Eriba Puck is a tubular steel framed, light weight, aerodynamic tourer for two (very friendly) people.

The design has not really changed that much over the almost 50 years they've been in production, except like me, they've put on weight as more stuff has been added.

Because of the design, construction, and general good old German build qulaity, a good number of the early vans are still around - and there were some export versions of the Puck that weighed under 300kg.

But more typically:

2005 Puck - empty weight 500kg

2000 Puck - empty 470kg

1987 Puck - empty 410kg

At a recent Eriba Fest meeting, one of the guys from a well known UK Formula 1 racing team arrived with a concours condition VW 1500 notchback (saloon version of the Beetle) and a Puck - both from 1967.

Take a look at www.eriba-amiga.co.uk or www.eriba-touring-club.de for more information.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts