TOYOTA RAV4 2.2 4d4 diesel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
anybody got one,about to splash the cash and want to know are they a good tow car.how do they compare to a landrover freelander.

having had a freelander before,back on a y plate,what appeals to me is the toyota realibility and customer service back up.

your comments much appeciated.

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
I have towed with Toyotas for 23 years now, from Corollas to current Landcruiser, but not had a Rav. However I have never had a problem - always matched weight (but even between changes when towing at up to 97% never had problems). So providing your van is around 85-90% go for it - reliability is unbelievable. (Brother has Rav but doesn't tow. He'd delighted compared to his previous Honda).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am on my second Landcruiser [3.0 D-4D engine] and I endorse all that AlanW said. The D-4D is a superb diesel engine and very economical and the vehicles 100% reliable. Go for it you won't be disappointed.

Mike

May 15, 2007
Visit site
RAV 4 2.2 TD

My Brother is on his second new RAV and loves them but does not tow.

A colleague at work has just traded in a Mondeo 2.0 TD for this car and so far towed a large single axle twice, and a brand new double axle once. Apparently very very pleased with the car.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts