Tracker systems

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bill, I do not know specifically about Phantom, except some adverse comments by people who have had it fitted, only to find that it had stopped working without their knowledge!!

Having seen the inside of one unit, al it is , is a mobile phone with a larger battery taped to it.

I would suggest that you may wish to consider a new tracker on the market, at present being fitted to the top range Swift caravans and also Airstream.

It is called HAL Locate, see here http://www.locate-sales.com/products.php

It is th eonly truly dedicated caravan tracker system and has Thatcham Approval, again the only one available.

I have seen this unit in operation and it is impressive.

It will even text you when your leisure battery needs charging!!

The cost is not cheap, but depending on how long a contract you take, the cheaper it works out.

The unit itself is about the size of a credit card, so very discreet, and uses a dedicated GPS aerial to give precise latitude and logitude location and is monitored by Euro Watch, the largest monitoring outfit in th ewhole of Europe, and covers over 40 countries, unlike Phantom which is primarily UK based only.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Like all systems you never know how good they are until you need them.I have no complaints from Phantom always called within 5 mins when alarm has activated.

Hal locate is approx

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I looked at the options (have tracker on my car) but decided that a much better option for the caravan (and any other valuable item) was the new Personal GPS Tracker from Maplins.

Works both on GPS and Mobile Network so will work both in UK & Abroad (unlike my car Tracker system).

Just one off payment of approx

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
The maplins tracker only works on GSM,it will txt you its gps coordinates but it uses the mobile phone network not the gps network as well.Bad signal area will cause problems.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Bill

It depends what you want really and how much you want to pay?

Do you want to monitor the unit yourself or pay for a helpdesk to watch it for you?

Some units work on their own other can be tied in with the alarm so it alerts you when it goes off.

Benefits of both gps and gsm and they can locate with 2 different technologies.

There are quite a few on the market ranging from

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Bill

It depends what you want really and how much you want to pay?

Do you want to monitor the unit yourself or pay for a helpdesk to watch it for you?

Some units work on their own other can be tied in with the alarm so it alerts you when it goes off.

Benefits of both gps and gsm and they can locate with 2 different technologies.

There are quite a few on the market ranging from

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts