Trailer 3rd Party Insurance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am having difficulty in getting 3rd party insurance for my trailer when it is not attached to the car.

I can get comp ins but this does not include 3rd party when in the drive etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This probably sounds like an idiot of a question (mine often do), but why would you need insurance if the trailer were on the driveway, JohnG? Couldn't any claim, say the trailer attacking next doors greenhouse, be used on the house/contents insurance or personal insurance?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No danger of greenhouse attack but if the trailer rolled onto the road then a vehicle could run into it.

Also if you have a puncture/breakdown of trailer on the road and have to unhook to go for help there would be no cover if a vehicle or say a motorcyclist ran into it.

So it not such an idiot question as first may appear.

I have had the trailer for 36 years and only just become aware of this situation.

In these litigious times it seems amazing that its not easy to hand over money and get peace of mind.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No danger of greenhouse attack but if the trailer rolled onto the road then a vehicle could run into it.

Also if you have a puncture/breakdown of trailer on the road and have to unhook to go for help there would be no cover if a vehicle or say a motorcyclist ran into it.

So it not such an idiot question as first may appear.

I have had the trailer for 36 years and only just become aware of this situation.

In these litigious times it seems amazing that its not easy to hand over money and get peace of mind.
Have checked with house ins and no joy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hmmm, more thought needed on this one JohnG. You can insure a caravan and presumably a trailer tent for third party, so how about classing your trailer as such, some trailer tents are little more than boxes on wheels (no offence to all you trailer tenters),although I have no idea what the cost will be, but if your after peace of mind it might work.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Roy I will try them tomorrow

The best I can get so far is that the C & CC are looking into it and if I insure the caravan with CC I can pay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts