Transferring Powrtouch Mover

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone any experience of transferring a Powrtouch Motor mover from one van to another? Our new van arrives soon and we would like to transfer the mover from our current van onto the new one, but don't know whether it is easy enough to do this yourself or whether we would need to get a professional to do it.

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Irene

Take a look at John's comment under the Powrtouch Mover thread further down this discussion list. He talks about having his Mover transfered to another van.

Pat

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Irene

I fitted the PowrTouch movers to ours and my in-laws caravans. It took just a few hours to do each one.

Transferring would be easy. The only modifications that you may require would be to add or remove length to the electrical cables. It depends if the fitter cut them to make a neat job, or left them curled up at full length.

If you didn't fit it originally then you would need a set of instructions on how to put it all together and set up the gaps. Beware though, it's very heavy. It will involve crawling under the van and lifting the motors into position on the chassis. It's easy if you're mechanically minded, but otherwise I suggest getting someone to do it for you. It should only take a morning or afternoon.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Irene, It's fairly easy to transfer a mover from 1 van to another provided the fitter has'nt cut the cables to length on the orignal fitting and the vans are roughly the same weight,they are fairly heavy but a reasonably fit person should'nt have any problem,make sure you mark all connection's & refit in the same place, the gap between the rollers neede to be 20mm, the arial needs to pointed away from the supply cables & and the last 1 1/2"left to dangle under the van, the u bolts need tourqing to 40 lbs per ft'

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Irene, It's fairly easy to transfer a mover from 1 van to another provided the fitter has'nt cut the cables to length on the orignal fitting and the vans are roughly the same weight,they are fairly heavy but a reasonably fit person should'nt have any problem,make sure you mark all connection's & refit in the same place, the gap between the rollers neede to be 20mm, the arial needs to pointed away from the supply cables & and the last 1 1/2"left to dangle under the van, the u bolts need tourqing to 40 lbs per ft'
Thanks for that - the vans are both twin axles and my husband is a builder so he should be able to manage the weight. We will just need to see what has been done to the cables when we take it off our current van.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts