Transporting glass bottles safely

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone come across a re-usable glass bottle protective sleeve that fits wine bottles and litre spirit bottles? I don't want to keep making up bubble wrap parcels for these.

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Louise - I know it's not an answer to your question but I have started buying the cheap Spanish wine from Tescos which is sold in a Tetra pack !!

Bill

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
You can get re-useable bottle sleeves intended to be chilled in a 'fridge then slipped over the bottle to cool the contents which should do the job. Be a bit pricey though - but what price multi tasking ?

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
tesco don't sell our wine! If they did we couldn't afford it unless we stayed at home.

Why are you wanting to wrap all your bottles Loiuse?

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
We bought a plastic bottle holder whilst in France, one similar to the ones milkies used to use (with the handle) to carry six bottles. We've also put bottles of wine in the cardboard carriers that supermarkets give away and wedged it under the bed between other crates and stuff. Its always been OK. The holders for bottles in the drinks cabinets are good too - you can buy extra ones of these to secure bottles in other cabinets.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Our gets put where ever we have space seats, undersink cupboard, under the oven (not while its working)!!

The best haul was 95 we had to do some inventive loading!!!

G

For years and years and years and years booze manufacturers have shipped glass bottles and their contents arouns the world in cardboard boxes with cardboard dividers.

Works well for us and most shops will give you a box free!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts