Travel insurance

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi can anyone please help? We are planning an 8 week trip touring France and Spain from end June until late August. I have asked my sister in law if she can come out to bring my 10 year old grandson out to stay with us from end July until we return to the UK which she had agreed to do but will only be staying with us for a few days. I have now tried to get him added onto our annual travel insurance but they have told me they cannot do this as he is not travelling out with us. My sister in law has her own insurance but she is going to have the same problem as he will not be returning with her. It seemed an easy thing to do and allow him to join us but now I don't know where to start to try to get him somehow insured. Does anyone know of any companies that will ensure someone under 16 years single trip in their own right??? I'm desperate now as do not want to tell him he cannot join us the only other thing is either myself of my husband flies home and brings him back which will be expensive but cannot let him down at this point. Annie

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am a bit surprised at your companies position. I can only suggest that you try ringing round the various companies to see who will do this. You might also try writing a formal complaint to your own insurer saying their answer is unreasonable and threaten them with the Ombudsman. Not sure how the Ombudsman wouldview it but it is worth a try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts