Travel through France with satnav

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are going into France next week and the destination address has an eight digit code which probably represents the postcode.

Does this work in a TomTom with European software? or would I need to enter the actual address in written form. Many thanks. Tony

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi.

With a TT One V2 Europe the postcodes only work in the UK and Netherlands.This is probably the case with all TT's. I am going to france in three weeks and have keyed in the address to get the route in France.

Andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have used my TT300, with full european mapping, extensively in Europe. With the exception of Netherlands you need to use addresses as opposed to post codes. I have never had any problems so far, but, when towing, you need to keep an eye on a paper map to avoid those minor minor roads. Always be prepared to tweak your TT if necessary.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
I used a TT to get me to a site neer Paris recently. It guided me right to the entranceway.

I used Lat/Long to input into TT - these I got from http://www.poihandler.com/

May 30, 2007
Visit site
hi, a little late on this thread,sorry.

i beleive french post-codes cover a vast area(probably a whole city) not like this country so you must input the full address. good luck !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts