Travelling to Spain last week Aug two weeks Sep

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
We are travelling to Spain via Plymouth to Spain and have a caravan and two GSD we have sat/aircon. can anyone tell me what they think the weather will be like and we are staying at the sight Lamfora

G

It is likely to be hot, in the high 20's and even 30's. If you are travelling through Spain then it will be even hotter inland.

The good news is that apart from weekends, the roads should be reasonable as you are past the main holiday season. The sites should also be a lot quieter as well, apart from a possible invasion of silver haired Brits heading for their end of season sun splurge. I will be one of them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are staying at Camping L'Amfora at San Pere Pescador it is an excellent site. Are you using the Plymouth/Santander crossing? If so I am rather surprised at you choice as L'Amfora is just south of the French/Spanish border on the med side. Just curious.

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Yes we are using this crossing the reason I choose this site is because we have 3 weeks touring and we are restricted to certain sites due to believe it or not having 2 german sheperds most sites I tried would only allow one dog and some would not accept GSD

G

I do not know what type of AC you have installed but if it has any power at all it is unlikely you will be able to use it on site. Many of them will pull around 10 amps.

I am not a dog owner nor do I know if the type of dog you have is particularly sensitive, but I really do not see the necessity for this. There are plenty of dogs in Spain and they survive happily lying in the shade with plenty of water.

If you are installing it for yourself, then that is a different matter, but again check the wattage.

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Thank you bit of both really. The site has 10 amps we have check this and are aware that we will have to switch everything off to use it. It is a domestic and we have a twin axel Bailey. Can you recommend any sites to stop at down through Spain. We have travelled through France and this is out first experience of through Spain.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Dont know if you've decided on your route but your choices are either north of the Pyrenees or south. A couple of points you may wish to consider - north takes you into France and the French Autoroutes, south is in Spain. Spanish toll charges are much less than French ones and they don't charge for caravans. Also Spanish diesel is considerably cheaper than French. Mileage is at least 500 miles. There's only 30 or so miles different between north and south.

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Dont know if you've decided on your route but your choices are either north of the Pyrenees or south. A couple of points you may wish to consider - north takes you into France and the French Autoroutes, south is in Spain. Spanish toll charges are much less than French ones and they don't charge for caravans. Also Spanish diesel is considerably cheaper than French. Mileage is at least 500 miles. There's only 30 or so miles different between north and south.
Thank you for that excellent info. We are going down through Spain and having done some research ourself we noticed that the tolls where cheaper. We have also travelled through France before and deceided on the Spanish route I am so looking forward and just got my dogs some Scaliber collars which are now recommend when taking your dog to Spain as it stops sandflies, mosses and ticks and should help prevent heart worms. I didn't get this info from my vet but from a webiste recommending them and the vet confirmed this. They are not cheap though I have to say

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts