trevornick cornwall

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi folks,any of you good people stayed at trevornick, hollywell bay , cornwall. if so whats the fishing , golf like , & serviced pitch's . also whats it like for 2 well behaved teenager ( hopefully )boys , hoping to go whitsun halfterm , good or bad reports please...looking forward to your replies already....pete

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Book early for school hols in the summer!

It is agreat site but can be very crowded and packed in!

We staid August 2 years ago on a whim and got the last plot only due to a call a minute after a cancelation.

Fishing lakes seems to attract plenty of fishermen, I just fill 1 lake with gold balls aided by my Wife. We are Holiday only golfers and with our pro looking clubs we provide entertainment for the many serious golfers that play there when we hit the ball ;-(

There is plenty for the kids and good walks to the near by beach's.

Newquay has busy "club life" and my lad when younger and his mates seemed to be attracted to the main entrance rather than the other attractions.

The young ladies waiting for Taxi's, nearly dressed, or nearly undressed to go to Clubs was pointed out as the attraction to the entrance area by sons big sister ;-)

Again it could be little noisy when some returned !!!!!!!!!!!

But not to bad!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Been there several time, loads to do on site and within easy walking distance of the beach. Fishing can be good, even a maggot dangler like myself can catch. Golf is ok, don't go out of bounds as your not likely to find your ball! It's a tight course, but kept well (full marks to the groundsmen) with a teasing final hole. If your eating out on site, go to the golf club for food, it's a better menu and better cooked, but breakfast at the takeaway is sound. If your going to catch the evenings entertainment at the club go early, to be sure of a table, but I must admit, the acts are nothing to write home about, so drink plenty. Speaking of which, stick to the bottled beer/drinks.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
trevornick very well packed in and very busy.have you had a look at hendra site?, its not to far from trevornick.
Hi,

I wouldnt stay there myself as its too busy & packed in like sardines there is absolutely no space around your caravan at all. But i have to agree there is plenty of activities to do.

If you want a less busy site with more space try Newperran about 4 miles away www.newperran.co.uk we have been staying there twice a year since 1995 & love it.

See You

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Trevornick is huge and made up of many different fields. Some slope quite a lot - their web site has an excellent plot-viewing facility, which will tell you whether you are on a sloper. But beware - if they say "slightly sloping", they mean near vertical!

Facilities for kids are good - three (I think) fishing pools, a football pitch, easy pitch-and-putt and full golf course next door and a funfair co-located. Club does get busy, so go early for the (not great) entertainment.

Good beach nearby - a fair walk, though.

The site gets a lot of high wind, due to its location. Use a tie-down strap if erecting an awning.

It's mainly a family/kids place. We've been three times now, mainly because the kids love it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts