Trewetthet Farm,Tintagel.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I do agree, but issuing standard warnings continually can lead to some not taking them seriously when it matters. But just my opinion.

Abergavenny is easy to go around, going through it is certainly possible but I think it should be avoided, lots of parked cars to negotiate,

For me to go to the Pandy site I can go via Ross, up to near Hereford A49, then back down the A465. or use the A40 to Abergavenny then north on the A465. Which is a bit futher.

But, ideally I need to find a way across country between the A49 and A465. And there are a few B roads which will do this. But most not suitable with the van. However, the B4348 is ideal. A good road which saves miles. I needed to do a bit of street view to confirm this. As we know, there are B roads and then there are B roads.

Coming home, all would have been good. But, a few miles in to the B4348 there was a road closed sign blocking the road with no pre warning and nowhere to turn. I had to carry on and hope there was a suitable place. If not, when I got to the road works I would spin it on the mover.

A bit further along I came up to a lorry. He had the same problem but a lot harder to turn for him. There was a minor road on the right which I was going to use to turn around. The lorry driver then appears, he had had a ‘word‘ and the road would be clear in 5 mins, so I needed to reverse back onto the main road and follow the lorry. The driver said he would guide me. Some cars had appeared, so we guided them through first.

I don’t know why as I still has a few feet of space on my offside, but he guided me into his lorry. Just catching the rear marker light on the near, blind side.

Perhaps he felt rushed, as he wanted to be home in Leeds to watch the final, and still had to go to Scarborough.

He was apologetic. But it is not worth arguing about as it’s a dead easy fix. But what a bummer.

John
Going to Pandy never gave me an issue as coming from the M4 it was all trunk dual carriageway 90% of the journey. But on my trips to Brecon, Rhandirmwyn and trips up the A470 I always went through Abergavenny without any problems of parked cars.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Going to Pandy never gave me an issue as coming from the M4 it was all trunk dual carriageway 90% of the journey. But on my trips to Brecon, Rhandirmwyn and trips up the A470 I always went through Abergavenny without any problems of parked cars.

Thats the A40 right through, not Abergavenny town itself. And a freeway. It ‘s going north towards Pandy through the Mardy district is different. I guess that might be what the CAMC are cautioning against.

FC521E1D-9128-4086-8D45-60B320D3FB90.png

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thats the A40 right through, not Abergavenny town itself. And a freeway. It ‘s going north towards Pandy through the Mardy district is different. I guess that might be what the CAMC are cautioning against.

View attachment 1968

John
Thank you, that’s what I said in my earlier post and I’m familiar with the the route to Pandy. But going further West I have never had an issue taking a caravan through Abergavenney towards Crickhowell and Brecon. In fact I find it preferable to taking the heads of the valleys, or M4 to Cardiff and A470 north via Merthyr Tydfil.

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts