Trip planned Paignton to Glasgow - One or two Stopovers???

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
We are off to Scotland for a wedding in April. Does anyone know of a good CL just off the M6 in either Cheshire or Lancashire for a stopover with a twin axle van.
Thanks
Bill

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Not a CL but there is a caravan site next to the Westmorland Tebay services on the M6 at junction 38. I haven't stayed on it because it's not far from home but it makes a great overnight stop from the south to Scotland and the services are privately owned and considered by many people to be the best in Britain with a farm shop and gift shop
http://www.westmorland.com/node/39

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Just off the M6, j40 or 41 near Penrith is North Dykes farm, owned by Mr Horn. It's a Camping and caravan Club CS.Lovely little site, but be warned, one night will not be enough! Great but slightly expensive pub, the Highland Drove, a mile away.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

If emmerson and his wife are in Cumbria the first Thursday in June (for a week), I try to meet up with them. Lovely couple.

Lisa

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, Lisa, no! We'll be in Sweden struggling hard to enjoy ourselves without you!
Normally we would be there, but the European rally is in Sweden over that weekend, so we'll be two wekks into our 12 week Eurojaunt.
I'm not sure if we're going to be anywhere near you this year at all,but we'll have to see if we can find a weekend somewhere.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi emmerson

Hope you have a great time in Sweden.
smiley-laughing.gif
That's where my late cousin started his fortune.

I've been invited to Singapore to photograph some gypsy vanner horses.
smiley-surprised.gif

Lisa xx

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Go for Tebay Services, just north of Junc. 38, as soon as you turn off the motorway, the entrance to the caravan site is on your left, before you enter the services. Be assured, this is not your usual British motorway services.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The CC site at High Onn in Staffordshire is like a CL, no facilities, and just off the M6. Easy Access. Near Preston is a CL Moor Hall farm. A few miles off M6 but again easy access. North of the border is Whinns under Eclefachan. This a four van site and has a tight entrance, ( we get in easily with our 7.2 metre van plus sorento). Quiet and good views.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts