Trivia maybe

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
But how do I switch may radio off? I listen to the radio in the van, when I've finished I turn it off, as you do.
When I leave the van I always turn the 12v system off, whether I'm on EHU or not, (habit). Now, when I turn the 12v back on again the blasted radio turns on again :evil:
On my last van,(Corniche) it didn't matter if the radio was playing or off, if I turned the 12v off, then on again, the radio was always off :cheer: Completely the opposite to the challenger, some crossed wire somewhere

Merry Xmas ;) ;)

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Is it possible that you have "Traffic Announcements" switched on. When my car radio is off, switching on the ignition turns the radio on if the TA button is activated.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We had a similar problem with ours. My far more tech savy daughter found a switch we had missed. If you cannot sort it I would put a switch in the line.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
This will happen if the power is fed to the wrong input on the radio.

The radio have two power lines - one permanently live to support the tuning memory and the other switched as if by an ignition switch so that the radio comes on with ignition.

If the caravan has been 'car' wired then the power is on the wrong live; if it has been 'caravan' wired then both lives should be joined together and they may not be.

Most caravan radios are JVC, Sony, Panasonic, or Kenwood. If it is Blaupunkt then it may have the two lives reversed as required by VAG (VW group) wiring.

It may also be worth checking that switched power has not been connected to the electric aerial output of the radio effectively 'back feeding' it.

TRENDING THREADS