truma air blown heating

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
i have a geist liberty 718. it has air blow heating.when i operate it on electric it only it only blows a gentle stream of air. when on gas it blows a fast stream of air. should it do the same on electric.

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
There was a similar question on a couple of other forums a few weeks ago and it turned out that a circuit board had gone. Unless you have the skills to work on heating appliances it's probably best to get it checked out professionally.

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
hi,thankyou. i have just had it checked by the dealer i bought it from. they say it should operate like that.i think they are misleading me so they dont have to fix it. might be wrong though.

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it could be working OK.
the Combi can only put out what it gets in, the fan speed is dependent on the amount of heat in the unit that it is trying to dissipate.
on electric, you will have only 900 or 1800w (depending on the setting) whereas on gas you will be using upto 4000w on a Combi 4 or 6000w on a Combi 6, so a significant difference. Basically this is the reason for the difference in the fan speeds. If the fan spun fast with little heat generation behind it, the fan would be trying to blow the air out before it had got warm....so blowing cool air rather than hot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts