truma caravan mover

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just returned from a week away when we went to use the mover it slowly stopped working. We have checked batteries in handset and also caravan battery. Any ideas? The mover is just 2 years old! We are located in Worcestershire do you know anyone who services these movers.

Thanks in advance

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
If u mean it actually slowed down then stopped and wouldn't work any more it certainly sounds like power to it is at fault, if u are certain that the battery is fully charged, inspect the connections between the 2, especially the battery connections, also if the control box will switch on, will the motor turn, on 1 wheel, while the rollers are disengaged, if any of that works it is a faulty/flat battery.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI Kevin

Thanks for your reply to our powerless mover. Can you explain in detail what I am looking for when you mention connections to battery etc.

I am not the most technical of people

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI Kevin

Thanks for your reply to our powerless mover. Can you explain in detail what I am looking for when you mention connections to battery etc.

I am not the most technical of people

Thanks
Mark if your mover is a Truma I was told by Broad Lane when ours had a hiccup that a Truma service agent or centre is located in Bromsgrove.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Marc,have a word with Dave at Chicester Caravans in Bromsgrove as they deal with Truma motor movers. Secondly you can always phone Truma and ask them to diagnose it over the phone as the Motor mover is still under guarantee.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
If you ring the Truma works at Burton- on-Trent they will try to sort it over the phone.If it cannot be fixed over the phone you can take your caravan to the works. At the works they have any spare parts which may be needed. Just down the road from the works is the caravan club site at Uttoxeter Racecourse. The service at the works is excellent. My dealer fitted the control box in the wrong position. As my mover was still under guarantee they fitted it in the correct position at no cost to myself. For

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Mark,

Your symptoms are near identical with my own in respect of my year old Powrtouch mover last July.

Failure occured when leaving Norwich showground site and at the time I could not believe problem could be battery related.

A, Because I had just spent weekend on mains which would have meant my battery should have been partly charged at the very least and.....

B, My 110 AH battery was only about 18 months old and we always use mains electrics when on a trip, so our battery usually has a easy time.

Called the (excellent) suppling dealer CaravanLand near Banbury who suggested I took the battery into them on my return.

I did this and the interesting thing was that they could find no fault with it on test however kindly offered to replace it anyway with a new version net result being that I have had no further problems with my mover from that point on.

Try another battery.

Regards

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi mark, i simply mean all the connections that are on the live & earth lines from the battery to the mover, i.e the battery terminals, are they clean & is the terminals tight and is the wire in the terminals tight, at the control box are the spade connectors tight.

Can u put your car battery on the cvan & try that in case it is your leisure battery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts