Truma Combi 6

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Related to my recent postings about avoiding tripping site supply. Considering a change of caravan to one which has Combi 6 heating for both space and water. User instructions on line I find confusing bearing in mind most of my use is in Europe including winter on sites with 6 amp supply.
One reading of the 'winter' use is that if on gas and water at the same time it will seek to maximise the energy input. Therefore would connect high wattage electrical heater as well as gas which would probably trip the site supply.

Can anyone who has Combi 6 tell me if they have used it on a site with limited supply e.g. 6 amps in these conditions and whether it is possible through the control panel to prevent the heater connecting the higher power electrical element. I did ask some time ago about the warm up time, but realise now that the favourable answers may have been related to sites with 10 amp supply or better in UK

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
RayS said:
Related to my recent postings about avoiding tripping site supply. Considering a change of caravan to one which has Combi 6 heating for both space and water. User instructions on line I find confusing bearing in mind most of my use is in Europe including winter on sites with 6 amp supply.
One reading of the 'winter' use is that if on gas and water at the same time it will seek to maximise the energy input. Therefore would connect high wattage electrical heater as well as gas which would probably trip the site supply.

Can anyone who has Combi 6 tell me if they have used it on a site with limited supply e.g. 6 amps in these conditions and whether it is possible through the control panel to prevent the heater connecting the higher power electrical element. I did ask some time ago about the warm up time, but realise now that the favourable answers may have been related to sites with 10 amp supply or better in UK

Hello Ray,

Combi B booklet contains this instruction:
Check whether the power supply fuse protection at the camp site is adequate for the 900 W (3.9 A) or 1800 W (7.8 A) that have been selected using the power selector switch.

Hope this helps.

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Following above you have 2 levels of electric to select, therefore level i would be your choice, the system will maximise at that level of electric and top up when necessary with gas.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We dont have the combi 6 but our combi in the coachman has 4 different setting gas Electric, Gas and 4 amp electris and Gas 8 Amp ellectric. So no problems on 6 Amp , in Europe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts