Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Grasp the top sides and pull towards you .

Check first that the dealer has not put a screw in the centre to stop the fire front coming of during travel, it will be centre look between the top and first grille.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
My fire front was reported under warranty for the same problem after towing the front hanging off, the dealer put a screw in the front, now that's given up the ghost so going back under warranty.

Seems to me this is a major problem with the Truma fires about time they did something about it has its not fit for purpose, most dealers say it's a common problem which they rectify with the screw, not ideal way to solve the problem.

Going up to the van today to see if l can fix it before l cart it off to the dealer.

NigelH

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Gary l am not blaming Truma but the amount that come adrift when towing is considerable surely they monitor these sites or are burying their heads in sands, l would want all the feed back of product of mine so l could alleviate it.

NigelH

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I have repaired 2 carver 3000`s and an 1800 due to coming adrift from the floor, and every truma fire front that has a screw in is above the wheel and the wheel isnt balanced. Lack of wheel balancing in my view is the cause of a lot of damage to caravan equipment

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Nothing to do with the caravans inadequate suspension then?

Roads have got progressive worst, while caravan suspension has been stuck in a time warp.

While i accept wheel balance plays a part, it cant be blamed for everything.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
One of the problems that manufacturers like Truma and Dometic (Electrolux) have is that they specify the size of aperture the appliance needs to be fitted into, but the caravan manufacturers often make the hole too big. With the Truma product this means the back box is often splayed to make it fit. This misaligns the front case securing clips, which makes them easily dislodged by road bumps etc.

Properly fitted, the front cases are reasonably secure.

With Dometic, it means the fridge is not properly sealed into the furniture.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nigel, Truma are well aware of the 'problem' and a lot of the advice I offered on the other forum is direct from Truma, and after a lengthy discussion I had with them on the subject.

The pictures from the link above clearly show that problem is installation, not design, this then as Dougie says often compounded by out of balance caravan wheels.

The other thing is, while clearly it's a problem for many, it is not a problem for just as many, or even a great deal more? this also then points the finger to other than design.

As an example, I for many years towed my van with the fire front just hanging on the lip at the top without fixing of any type, that never once jumped off!

In short, start with wheel balance and work from there.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Gary will check wheel balance, before l left on Sunday l myself refitted the fire without the screw, when l arrive home it had not moved will keep checking it, thanks for your help.

NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
QUOTE Ray: Nothing to do with the caravans inadequate suspension then?

Roads have got progressive worst, while caravan suspension has been stuck in a time warp.

While i accept wheel balance plays a part, it cant be blamed for everything.

Totally agree, out of balance wheels are not always to blame, however, running over potholes on our poor roads is an occasional event. I don't then particularly agree the suspension design is that poor, not best but all things considered and with the addition of shock absorbers, adadquate.

On the other hand, an out of balance wheel by the common and minimal 30 grams, is equal to 7KG of force at 60mph and that's hitting the van 12+ times a second, that's every second as that wheel spins!

The constant vibration this causes can affect the structure and anything within, in anyway it chooses, you have no control whatsoever, slowing down can infact make the vibration worse!

But thankfully it's the easiest and cheapest thing to avoid altogether by simply getting them balanced, why their not done in the first place beggars belief?!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts