Truma Heater keeps pinging off

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi van folk

Sorry I have not posted for a while.....been jumping on other forums for things like Hifi...(I am a bloke, I can only do one thing at a time)

Anyway need some tech advice...had a heater element replaced by our dealer just before xmas..all works fine now but every time we tow the heater is hanging forward.

Give it a push and it pings back!

On our last trip to Scotland CC Garlieston (the long suffering and me loved it) the heater pinged off completely.

There are a couple of spring clips on the side that are supposed to keep it held back...any ideas on what I need to bend or twist to keep the damn thing in place.

Give me your thoughts because the pain of having to take it back to a Nottingham based dealer fills me with dread!

Fouldsy

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It sounds like the person who took the fire front off has just pulled it straight outwards and bent the retaining clips.

It should have been lifted upwards to clear the top lip in which it sits, and the bottom left and right corners slide into a V shaped holder. There should also be a small screw between the top of the fire front and the first grill bar to hold the front in place.

You need to check the V shaped holders on the fire edge at the bottom, and realign if bent at all, also check the return on the fire front which sits in these V shapes to make sure they have not been distorted too.

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the advice

Had a look, the fire is siting on the V bits at the bottom and the wire springs which pull the fire front back against the surround are clipping into place.

When I push the fire back it snaps into position but just as easily even if pulled lightly snaps back out again. It is almost like the springs do not hold it back enough.

I guess the van movement is making the front of the fire fall forward then it lifts off the botton V bits as I go over bumps.

I will put my aqua roll in front of it when we next move so even if the front falls it should not come off completely.

F

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts