Truma heater problem

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anybody's thoughts on the following would be most appretiated. I have an 02 Coachman Amara with the combined (fairly std Truma) electric & gas blown air heater. To be honest, I have never really used the gas heater, running the van mainly on electric. However with a trip to a non hock-up site upon me I tested the unit yesterday to find that it kept on going out. As it was very windy I tried different bits of tubing to the roof exhaust but with little change. I understand there is an extension kit available but does it work any better than my home-made tube which helped only a little.

Also the unit would not work at all above 3-4 on the dial, going out almost immediately. I have seen mention of problems caused by a loose dial (& mine is very woobly).

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It could have been blowing out via the air intake under the van if that was the reason.We had a dealer fitted wind deflector on a van years ago.This consisted of a bit of aluminium(van side) shaped like a box with no top or bottom fastened to the underside of the van to shield the unit.We haven't had that problem for years but the deflector worked.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts