Truma motor mover

Jun 3, 2024
Visit site
Hi from N. Lincs. I have a problem with my motor mover, the indicator shows it to be an earth to chassis. I have disconnected the leads and the control box shows no problem. Reconnecting the right hand cables that motor works a treat on connecting the left hand cables the fault comes back. The cables are not damaged so it looks like the motor is at fault? Could faulty brushes cause this or is the motor itself crocked ? If so, is it difficult to replace the motor? Any help will be most welcome. Cheers Kenz.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Before you start to change the motor, if possible try swapping the motor wires over at the controller. If the fault transfers then its the controller, if the same motor does not work then its either the cables or the motor.

Jun 3, 2024
Visit site
Before you start to change the motor, if possible try swapping the motor wires over at the controller. If the fault transfers then its the controller, if the same motor does not work then its either the cables or the motor.
Thank you for replying and sorry for the delay in my reply, we've been away with the van. Prior to going I disconnected the leads, reconnecting each side independently, the left motor works okay the right = fault to chassis. I then connected the right leads to the left spades on the mother board and the left motor worked, the left leads to the right spades = fault to chassis my conclusion is the motor is shot. That leads to replacing it but I can't find any clues on the web, help! Please.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Thank you for replying and sorry for the delay in my reply, we've been away with the van. Prior to going I disconnected the leads, reconnecting each side independently, the left motor works okay the right = fault to chassis. I then connected the right leads to the left spades on the mother board and the left motor worked, the left leads to the right spades = fault to chassis my conclusion is the motor is shot. That leads to replacing it but I can't find any clues on the web, help! Please.
I assume you are measuring a short to earth on right motor when it is disconnected from controller. Check all wires for damage may rubbed through insulation and shorted to chassis. Failing that remove it taking photos as you go then dismantle Motor might be able to find and fix short.

They are sold new as a pair. Used caravan dealers may have 2nd hand ones, try ringing around. Quite often they'll remove them from caravans, some customers don't want to lose payload capacity to MMs they don't need.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts