Truma Regulators - Change of Replacement Policy

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just had this mail from Truma, which means any instances of blocked regulators, the cost will have to be borne by the van owner:

For the attention of the Service Manager

Dear Sir/Madam

Gas Regulators

Over the past two years an agreement had been made where any regulator which failed due to a blockage would be replaced by the caravan or motorhome manufacturer under the terms of their warranty procedure. The costs incurred by this agreement have been shared between the caravan/motorhome manufacturer and Truma.

This agreement has now terminated and Manufacturers are no longer accepting failed regulators back under warranty.

As the symptoms of the failure are due to blockages bought about by an oil contaminant it is not a manufacturing fault of the regulator and will therefore not be covered by Truma as a valid warranty claim.

Please be aware that any regulator claim submitted due to a blockage will be rejected by our warranty department.

We are sure we can rely on your assistance in this matter and if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours faithfully

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When Truma designed/manufactured the new style regulator, were they not aware that this contaminent was/is present in the gas, and if so, they should have factored that in. If the contaminent WAS already present, then poor old Truma may be up a gum tree....!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The caravan manufacturers are also to blame for incorrectly fitting the Truma regulator too low. They also wrongly fed in the gas pipe to the top of the regulator instead of from the side. Gravity will ensure that the oil in gas does not flow uphill into the regulator if the reg. is also placed higher than the gas cylinder.

PC magazine did an article on the subject a few years ago, in which they recommended moving the Reg. higher and having an L shaped gas feed in from the side.

Last year I got stuck in France [first night of a 6 week holiday] with a blocked Truma Regulator. A very helpful site owner Bob [English - Camping-les-Ripettes] arranged for a replacement to be fitted locally. The French Truma agents Bob contacted were no help whatsoever.

My caravan was 4 years old. So on our return to UK we contacted Mendip Caravans, Newport who had originally supplied us with the new van. They contacted Truma and eventually I received a FREE replacement Regulator which I now carry with us.

I did notice that the French fitter placed the new Reg. higher than the original - so far, no problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts