truma ultraflow pump hose lengths.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Just a quicky, does the truma ultraflow external pump assembly come in different lengths? I ask because I am often having to refill the aquaroll container when it is still around a third full. One thing I will say about the positioning of the inlet on my caravan is that it is a tad lower than I have seen on some other makes so the hose is often in line with the top of the aquaroll inlet which makes it awkward and i have to stand the water container slightly further away from the caravan so as to get up and over the inlet. If I had another couple of inches on the length of the hose I could easily get the other third out. I have tried setting the aquaroll on a wedge to tilt it over slightly as well but that makes it a bit unstable.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
If indeed it is the Aquaroll model have you tried using the side entry opening by laying the aquaroll on its side?

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
I would've thought it could be extended easily enough - just replace the water hose with a longer one and solder in a couple of longer wires.

You might lose the rubber sleeve though.

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
The truma pump as supplied with my van has a single blue tube with a clear water pipe and wires inside. The cover is very thick and kinks easily (if you look at the adverts for it you can see it is kinked in two places).

On a frosty morning it was so ridged I had a problem getting it out of the aquaroll.

The Whale pump uses a more flexible twin pipe, available as just a pipe replacement, and it is about 3 cm longer. You will have to extend the wires by this length. Since doing this the pump has been much improved.

You may find the ridged pipe is not dropping straight down into the water as it should.

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I've recently been in touch with Truma about the inflexibility of the Ultraflow hose, (which is available in 800mm and 100mm lengths). Apparently they have had to start using a hose which is less flexible because of health concerns with the plasticisers which are used in food grade plastics. Truma's suggestion is to put the hose into warm water which will make it more malleable but, to my mind, this is not a very practical solution to the problem. I was using our caravan in the recent cold weather and the hose was near rigid and kinked very easily when putting it into the water barrel. These kinks must reduce the water flow rate. I'm sure Truma can come up with a better solution.

Connected with this is the Ultraflow Water Filter. It would appear that these are prone to leaking because of the plastic cracking. Thankfully, in my case at least, the leak was to the outside of the caravan and only occurred when the pump was running. The plastic splits when the filter is changed and the cap is screwed on too tightly. Tightening the cap even more in the hope of stopping the leak from under the cap only makes matters much worse and increases the length of the crack. I had to find a solution whilst I was away with the caravan and found that epoxy resin adhesive (Araldite or similar) pasted over the crack stopped the leak having dried the housing and then slightly roughened the plastic around the crack before applying it. (A manicure emery board worked well). I have also left the filter out on the basis that I won't need to take the cap off again to change the filter. If the water is not being drunk I can't see the need to filter it especially as the filter is recommended to be changed every 35 days. I'm surprised that Truma have continued to make a product which, it would seem, has a known fault.

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
I've just replaced my Truma Ultraflow pump with a Whale pump.

The pump came with just a pair of bare wires a little longer than the wires on the old pump - it would be easy to solder on longer wires (I could have cut the wires off the old pump and soldered them on to the new to make about a 6 foot length).

I also bought about a metre of food-grade half inch hose (and a couple of Jubilee clips) and attached the inlet connector (I could have used a longer hose).

It's a little longer than before and all works perfectly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts