Truma Ultrastore Water heater clicking after start.

Sep 8, 2022
Visit site
I have a truma ultrastore which does a odd thing, when I turn it on it lights first time but the igniter seems to keep clicking like it’s trying to start even though the boiler is lit and starts heating. I’ve given it a good blow to get rid of any dust and removing the cover seems to stop the problem. Put the cover back on and the clicking comes back and can cause the boiler to throw a red flashing light. Tried the unit on Calor gas and have now installed Gaslow system and still does it so I know it’s not a gas problem?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Scott, and welcome to the forum.

The clicking is the ignitor firing, which it will do if the flame sensing system is not seeing an adequate flame.

You describe a "cover" but your not specific about which cover you are referring to, If you can remove the cover without using any tool, then you are almost certainly describing the debris cover - which should be removed for the gas system to be used. The symptoms you describe suggest this may be case.

If its some other cover that needs a tool to remove then I'm not sure which you are referring to, and you would need to have the heater checked out by a qualified person.

Check the operating instructions which you should find at this link.

Sep 8, 2022
Visit site
Hello Scott, and welcome to the forum.

The clicking is the ignitor firing, which it will do if the flame sensing system is not seeing an adequate flame.

You describe a "cover" but your not specific about which cover you are referring to, If you can remove the cover without using any tool, then you are almost certainly describing the debris cover - which should be removed for the gas system to be used. The symptoms you describe suggest this may be case.

If its some other cover that needs a tool to remove then I'm not sure which you are referring to, and you would need to have the heater checked out by a qualified person.

Check the operating instructions which you should find at this link.

Thanks For the reply and information, the covers are the one that is screwed on and not the one you use when it’s not in use. I’m pretty good at fixing and replacing stuff if I know what part would need replacing. Just though someone might have had a similar thing happen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do not advice attempting to repair gas appliances unless you are correctly trained to do so. I suggest you engage an AWS engineer.

Sep 8, 2022
Visit site
I do not advice attempting to repair gas appliances unless you are correctly trained to do so. I suggest you engage an AWS engineer.

I’ve installed 2 gas systems in my camper so I understand what I’m doing, the current one had the boiler installed already hence why I’ll asking if anyone is aware of the fault.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Scott welcome to the forum i am not handy with my hands something like that i would ask a caravan engineer he might be able to advice .you what the fault is

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Scott, this is an interesting snag. More investigation needed, My Ultra store never had a problem, strange how if the cover is off the ignition stops after lighting, as if the thermocouple is effected( or is it affected)
Keep us informed how you get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts