Truma water heater Ultrastore wiring problem

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Morning all.

Did a silly thing. Removed my heater element over 4 months ago and had to disconnect 2 wires from the connection block that sits under the plastic cover above PCB.

Problem is the block is red and blue and wires going in are brown/white striped and the other is green/brown.

In the 4 months I have lost the piece of paper I logged which cable goes to which terminal. :whistle:

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I will try and find the manual for the ultrastore, but I am at a loss as to why you had to remove any wires, or even go near the PCB as the heating element is nowhere near it and is a simple 3 core cable direct from the element to a connector plug near the heater.
In the meantime it would be helpful to know what make of van you have?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, to put it mildly you have made a right pigs ear of that!

There is on need to have stripped the unit cover off or touched any other wiring other than the element mains cable. That is what the star shaped impressions are for around the hot water outlet, you peel the segments back to access the element.

The wires you have undone are the 12v supply for the gas heating control board, one is positive, the other negative,
You need to determine which is which, normally the white is negative, and connect the positive to the red on the connector block , the negative to the black.

Make sure you have the polarity correct or it will cost you a new PCB.

Sadly your experience is just the kind of reason why if you don't know the product or the correct way of fixing things, you make a mountain out of a simple 10 minute job, and create unnecessary stress for yourself.

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.

Only worrying thing is the word "normally". ;)

Therefore, if i put a multi-meter on the brown and white wire and on the earth I should get 12v. And if i put on the brown green wire I should get 0v.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you put it on the Brown/White and a known Earth you should get 0v, Green/Brown and Earth 12v, or maybe the other way around, but whichever is positive will give a 12v when tested.
I am looking for the Fleetwood diagrams but that will take some time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts