Tuna & Cheddar Bake

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
A simple caravan dish for two that is filling and warming for colder days in the caravan, drain two tins of tuna in brine, discard the brine (preferably not down the caravan sink because it will smell), flake the tuna into the bottom of an ovenproof casserole dish and cover with a fairly thick layer of grated cheddar to taste. (you could buy ready grated to save time and mess).
Cover this with a layer of mashed potato (or instant mash made with butter for quickness) and bake at 180 degrees for half an hour until piping hot. You can brown the mashed potato under the grill for a nice finish, it's nice savoury man food that's quick and easy to cook. :cheer:

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
we used to have a version on this at home when i was a child - mix a tin of Campbells Concentrate mushroom soup with the tuna and instead of mashed potatoes, crunch up a couple of bags of crisps (your choice of flavour but salt & vinegar or cheese & onion were family favourites for this) and bake. (we didnt add cheese in those days as meant 2 lots of protein and cash was tight!) Saves boiling and mashing those potatoes too!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Parksy and Others, The Forum members on here that are SW members have some fantastic meals but I will wait for Mr Slinky (AKA Dusty Dog) to give us one of his favs, :p
One of mine is Crustless Ceiche. ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just seen that Lidls have Partrige breasts for sale this week, never tried them but shopping tomorrow fr them , anyone have any recipes please.
Thanks
Hutch.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't have any partridge recipes Hutch (I mastered boiling eggs only recently) but partridge is very nice, only wish that Lidl had Grouse on sale too, it would make a wonderful fowl time for me over the festive season.

Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts