TV aerial

Apr 24, 2005
Visit site
Okay laugh if you must, we have just picked up our 1st caravan last weekend and stayed the night local to pick up to get our bearings. We took a portable TV with us - as there was an aerial there in the caravan to hook up to. Obviously this did not work. So where does the lead go to? we have traced it to by the battery where there is an outside connection - presumably if there is one on a local site. - but what is the best aerial to buy so we can all watch TV - any ideas? Thanks Newcomers Jenni

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jenni, For a basic, easy to use aerial I would recommend the Vision plus directional type. Avoid the omni directional ( the ones that look like flying saucers )as these are generally very poor. If you are in the caravan club, some of their sites now offer booster systems for connection to external aerial sockets, but you will need about 25 metres of coaxial cable to plug into the van & the power bollards.

Don't go to the Yorkshire dales if you want to watch TV on holiday, especially Nidderdale, because we went there last year, won't name the site and none of our ariels worked. Even the radio wouldnt work. Sorry Yorkshire!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With our old ABI Globtrotter i obtained a small external portable aerial and fixe dit to an old awning pole. This was put into the jockey wheel clamp on site and the cable brought in under the flooring in the cupboard. When on site I could turn it whichever way necessary and more often than not had a perfect picture. Simple but effective.

Apr 24, 2005
Visit site
Jenni, For a basic, easy to use aerial I would recommend the Vision plus directional type. Avoid the omni directional ( the ones that look like flying saucers )as these are generally very poor. If you are in the caravan club, some of their sites now offer booster systems for connection to external aerial sockets, but you will need about 25 metres of coaxial cable to plug into the van & the power bollards.
Thanks for all your helpp -I'm sure we'll have lots more questions for you after our next trip away!. Jenni

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I appreciate that lots of you are happy with an exterior pole with standard aerial attached, but if does have implications for setting up and storage. I still like the convenience of the fixed aerial on the roof, but I am fed up with the normal Status flying saucer as it seems so useless. The same seems to be true of most omnidirectional aerials. I saw the new Status directional aerial at my local dealers the other day, the Status 530. Seems to be the bsuiness but before I spend just over

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't go to the Yorkshire dales if you want to watch TV on holiday, especially Nidderdale, because we went there last year, won't name the site and none of our ariels worked. Even the radio wouldnt work. Sorry Yorkshire!
yorkshire can't have everything in its favour although they say that if you use one of their Yorkshire Puddings for an ariel you are more likely to get better reception than using one of the status flying saucers IMHO

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts