TV for caravan

May 19, 2006
Visit site
Please could anyone advise me? I can use an ordinary TV/DVD combo when I have my caravan electrics connected to the mains, using one of those things with a blue tube on one end and a plug on the other. If I try and use it on a campsite will it blow the fuses of electric supply? I don't ever need to run it off 12v so is there a tv we could get away with using that would be OK on the electric in caravan parks?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Caroline, I'm not entirely sure what you mean in reference to the blue tube, unless it's the hookup lead you're talking about. However practically any TV is ok to use if you are hooked up to the mains on site. Obviously the less power it uses the better, so a portable CRT (normal tv) or a small LCD TV will be ideal, aim for a screen size of between 14" and 19"

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
On mains hook-up, the TV consumption simply isn't an issue - they're typically 50-100w. It's things like domestic kettles (3000w), microwaves (1500w input) and fan heaters (2000w) which can overload site supplies.

Without a hook-up, the TV consumption is often the primary factor in deciding what size battery to get and what sort of supplementary charging to use eg generator, solar panel or wind generator.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts