Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
TV HAS BUILT IN FREEVIEW IS THIER ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO IMPROVE THE PICTURE QUALITY " OWE CARAVAN IS A 2006 BAILEY, WE JUST NORMALLY PLUG IN & some times the picture is good sometimes not so good ...thanks... hasbo ( sorry didn't know i had left the caps lock on a start of post , wasn't shouting )

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
(a) It would be useful to know what you are using as an aerial?
(b) Are you returning your TV from scratch every time you set up on site? If you just do a scan it will add any 'new' channels it finds at 800 and above. You must do a new installation tune or factory reset and tune every time.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hasbo it would useful to know what aerial you are using becuase if you are trying to get freeview from your status aerial then you to need to be pretty much on top of the transmitter otherwise what you need is to get a high gain domestic aerial on a pole or go down the satellite route.
As you probably know the digital signal does give a higher quality picture,as Woody has said when you move to differnt area you will have to a rescan.
Good Luck
Sir Roger

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
The thing that concerns me is that when the signal is weak (in middle of forest etc) you could always "just about watch" the
analogue signal and make-do with a less than perfect picture. When the analogue is switched off (next year in our area) and you are, say in the middle of a forest ,or surrounded by trees - and the signal is weak we wont be able to "makedo" with a weak signal as we were able to do on analogue - you probably aware the picture on digital breaks up with a weak signal so no amount of fancy aerials will allow you to watch digital tv with a weak signal. Even with sat dish unless you have a clear site of view to the satellite you will also be stumped.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
When we were away in the Cotswold's earlier on in the year, we had terrible TV reception, ( no Sky due to the trees )
To cut a long story short we did not know that the TV mast at Oxford had been on fire the previous week, so they were using a standby mast on about half power, the normal amplifier box that comes with the status aerial has only two settings, high & low
smiley-frown.gif

I have now fitted one of these Maxview variable power amplifiers, and everything is now ok on my status 530 directional aerial.
smiley-wink.gif

http://www.maxview.ltd.uk/products/12_24V_VARIABLE_SIGNAL_AMPLIFIER.html

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Sprocket we were on that same site alovely site it was too yummy bread in the shop and of course the let down was TV but we did manage to find a hole in the trees and get Free to Air Ok.
Like to go back to that one as its only an hour from us .
Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts