Tyre pressure sensors

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
EH52ARH said:
Dodger524 said:
EH52ARH said:
We are not going to sort it out on here, we all have our own opinions, the best thing to do is to drive safely, and not push limits on public roads.
Back to the pressure sensors,
I got a set of Tyre Pal for the caravan for Xmas, are they as easy to fit as the video states. ?

And were they as easy to fit as the video states. ?

Yes they were, a little bit complicated to set up the limits, but after a couple of attempts got it done, next tasks is to remove them, set tyre pressures and refit, I will probably do this after brining the van back from storage, so that I can tell if the pressures have changed with the sensors in position on the valve. Whilst in storage.

That reflects my experience with fitting them.

I haven't found that the caps leak, but the system has shown me that I have a very slow leak in one wheel, I suspect due to corroded aluminium wheels. It may of course be a faulty cap, perhaps I should swop two over to check before I call in my tyre man to clean up the wheel rim.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes i would try swopping over the sensors first, remembering to mark the positions of where they are originally fitted. But I suppose you could go through the whole initialising program again.
How old are your valve stems I have had one start to perish and leak where it comes out from the wheel, a but of soapy water around the stem and wobble it around to show any leaks.

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
EH52ARH said:
Yes i would try swopping over the sensors first, remembering to mark the positions of where they are originally fitted. But I suppose you could go through the whole initialising program again.
How old are your valve stems I have had one start to perish and leak where it comes out from the wheel, a but of soapy water around the stem and wobble it around to show any leaks.

My valve stems are about a year old, but it is a point of potential weakness and worth checking.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dodger524 said:
EH52ARH said:

My valve stems are about a year old, but it is a point of potential weakness and worth checking.
I had a slow puncture caused by me according to my local mechanic. I use a tyre compressor that screws onto the valve stem . When undoing it seems I may hay have inadvertently partially unscrewed the valve core.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
A quick check taught me by my Dad was always check the valve... Gob on your finger, and "smear" it across the valve (cap off of course) to form a film over the top of the stem. Any leak will show in that film becoming a bubble...

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Morning all hows it going ? So just a quick update , Just been t get rear tyre pressure sensor valves sorted (yesterday) so valves & tyres now sorted & up to 42psi for towing , what a difference ! Should off been £15 each plus the £26 i owed him off last time but the gaffa was off who i paid last time , and the lad that done the job only charged me £1o for each valve ! So instead off the £56 i was expecting t pay it only cost £2o :) , but what a difference it is having the tyres at a higher pressure for towing and the little black dust caps are staying on this time , no fancy stuff !!

Craig .

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I had a slow puncture caused by me according to my local mechanic. I use a tyre compressor that screws onto the valve stem . When undoing it seems I may hay have inadvertently partially unscrewed the valve core.

Never heard that one before. Logic says, if it looks like bullshine, and smells like bullshine, it most likely is bullshine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts