Tyre Wear on Elddis Crusader Aurora

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
At the recent annual service for my van the dealer noted severe tyre wear on the nearside tyre, the outer tread being worn to zero. The offside tyre was worn but not to the same extent, also on the outer tread. The centre treads on both tyres are not worn at all. The dealer said my axle is bent and needs replacing. Has anyone else had a similar problem and what was the outcome? Thanks for any feedback.

Alan

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Assuming the tyres haven't be run under pressure, virtually all caravan tyres are replaced at 5/6 years old with plenty of tread across the tyre. It does sound as though you have a wheel alignment problem, for which the cure is a new axle.

This could be very expensive - get a second opinion and brace yourself.

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
about 2 yrs ago i had a blowout at about 60 m.p.h no problem too pull up and change wheel,6 mnths later i had an alloy wheel come off as i was going along at 40m.p.h (same caravan)found out the the axle was bent due too previous blowout.Repair people and insurance company said it is a common problem after a blowout and should have the axle checked this is not usually done on anormal service

Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts