TyrePal easy to fit & easy to use

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
This must be one of the simplest devices to fit and then use, great little unit for showing the tyre pressure and temp.

Once the monitor device is charged it lasts 60 hours apparently, which communicates with all the 4 x pre registered tyre sensors.

No need to change any settings, High Temp is set to 70, high pressure is set to 44 and low pressure set at 29. Units are in degrees celsius and psi

Although I’ve not fully tested it, I do highly recommend the ease of set up and fitting.

IMG_2883.jpeg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Along with ATC it is one of the best safety aids for caravans. Tyres rarely suffer catastrophic blow outs, so early warning by Tyrepal is a gift. .

Reactions: JTQ
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
You will be shocked by the rise of the temp and pressures, I found a raise of 9c above ambient temp and pressure rise of about 6 psi.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Ok am I going crazy here, I’m sure I’ve followed the instructions to a T

When I switched the unit off earlier and now back on it was not showing all the tyre pressures and temps? Am I doing something wrong?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

When I switched the unit off earlier and now back on it was not showing all the tyre pressures and temps? Am I doing something wrong?
Your not doing anything wrong, the sensors go into sleep mode, when you move the caravan , the monitor will read the temps and pressure after a couple of hundred yards, sometimes even longer.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday coming back with the Tyrepal being used on our new tyres for the first time, pressure increase was about 4-5psi. Average temperature about 15C.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I’m all for tech to help keep you safe but my problem with it all is….. once you have installed TPS, GPS, reverse camera, dash cam and maybe a mobile phone I can’t see out of the windscreen and I get lassoed by all the power leads.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’m all for tech to help keep you safe but my problem with it all is….. once you have installed TPS, GPS, reverse camera, dash cam and maybe a mobile phone I can’t see out of the windscreen and I get lassoed by all the power leads.
The TPMS does not require a power lead. Dashcam sits behind the mirror so no issue there. Many cars have built in reversing cameras so again no issue. GPS is also on the same screen as the reversing camera.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I have never understood why the lower warning level is set anything but a very small tolerance accommodating bit below the normal inflation pressure.

Why wait till things are more into trouble before warning?

In use they never ought to be under pressure, use can only heat the carcase & the trapped air up and with that raise the inflation pressure, any drop in pressure, something is wrong.

A very cold morning they will drop a bit, but then we should raise the pressure accordingly, or if knowing the sun will warm up the ambient within a short time, live with the warning for the first mile.

Reactions: RogerL

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site

Our older version, the monitor does not require being "switched off", it is left alone.

Whilst the vehicle is parked, so with no motion to sense, it just like the sensors "goes to sleep", but enabled to wake up as soon as something, even like opening the driver's door wakes it up.

Switching it off, there will be a risk it will not be "armed" and monitoring if needed, the more so a few years in where you are unlikely to be avidly watching its screen.

Our has a quite piercing audible alarm, so once the interest of watching the screen wanes, there is little gained from watching it. That is if like me you set it close to the inflation pressure, then it warns if things start going wrong, it does not need you to hoist in the value is decreasing.

There is IMO much a similar argument with avid attention to rising pressures, the tyre designer knows that occurs and has designed for it and there is nothing we can do to odds it other than slow down.

Even doing that should not be needed, as our use should be within the speed and load rating of our tyres.
Begs the question, why is there a high pressure warning at all, IMO? . It will be what it is.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Drove home and correct, the sensors were sleeping and reactivated when moving.

Wish I knew that last night before I went again around every sensor disconnecting and reconnecting with a head torch on :ROFLMAO:

Picture of monitor driving down the road, asked the wife to snap a photo.

IMG_1118.jpeg

Reactions: Hutch

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Wish I knew that last night before I went again around every sensor disconnecting and reconnecting with a head torch on :ROFLMAO:

There is a mention in one of the current manuals LINK, here clause 4.4.
I knew it was in the info for our very much older model.

To quote :
"It is not normally necessary to turn the monitor off as it has an inbuilt motion detector that automatically puts it into sleep mode when no movement is detected for 10 minutes, and when an external DC power source is not connected."

Then again, my sons and grandchildren have said I am the only person they know that reads such manuals; comes from years of approving the technical content as correct prior to printing.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There is a mention in one of the current manuals LINK, here clause 4.4.
I knew it was in the info for our very much older model.

To quote :
"It is not normally necessary to turn the monitor off as it has an inbuilt motion detector that automatically puts it into sleep mode when no movement is detected for 10 minutes, and when an external DC power source is not connected."

Then again, my sons and grandchildren have said I am the only person they know that reads the such manuals; comes from years of approving the technical content as correct prior to printing.
I have a similar disposition to reading manuals, and expected those who I worked with to familiarise themselves too. Occasionally uttering RTFM” as encouragement 😂

Reactions: JTQ
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Drove home and correct, the sensors were sleeping and reactivated when moving.

Picture of monitor driving down the road, asked the wife to snap a photo.

View attachment 6421
It surprises you how high the temps and pressures go. Imagine what it is like on my single axle with tyres at 65psi at cold.
Glad your happy again , another learning curve, it never stops. 😃

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
You will love new cars where dash is simplified by having everything controlled via touch screen. Of cause when it plays up its back to good old days when heaters were optional extra.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My grandson had to shoot up to Manchester last night and his Tesla was off the road and his partner required the 5 series. So I insured our Kia Rio for him and it doesn’t have satnav. Nor does it have a holder for a mobile phone. So I gave him my Garmin which clamped to a disc on the dashboard. He rang me late last night and was so chuffed that he had a satnav to use as he had to go to a place he wasn’t familiar with. Glad I hung on to the Garmin as a fall back option.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You will love new cars where dash is simplified by having everything controlled via touch screen. Of cause when it plays up its back to good old days when heaters were optional extra.
The jury is out on all controls on a touch screen as it is now regarded as being dangerous.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My grandson had to shoot up to Manchester last night and his Tesla was off the road and his partner required the 5 series. So I insured our Kia Rio for him and it doesn’t have satnav. Nor does it have a holder for a mobile phone. So I gave him my Garmin which clamped to a disc on the dashboard. He rang me late last night and was so chuffed that he had a satnav to use as he had to go to a place he wasn’t familiar with. Glad I hung on to the Garmin as a fall back option.
What happened to the faithful mapbook? Tyre pressures🤔🤔🤔

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Using a printed map whilst driving is even more lethal than using a touch screen IMO, it needs a passenger, and one that is both competent at map reading and more than "understanding" if they fail to get the "info" they give you right. Trying to see a map, turn pages and find where on it you need to direct your attention, can be quite distracting!

Having all three, a passenger there to read a map, a competent one and an understanding one, is often not a given.

Last edited:
Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What happened to the faithful mapbook? Tyre pressures🤔🤔🤔
It’s a bit difficult to navigate a strange city with a map book especially if you are driving solo. There is a map book in both our cars, but I see no problem in adopting technolgy when it can be helpful.

Don’t understand your comment wrt tyre pressures. I set the tyres before he left and it’s got TPMS so what tyre pressure has to do with navigating around Manchester is beyond me. 😂

May 10, 2020
Visit site
It’s a bit difficult to navigate a strange city with a map book especially if you are driving solo. There is a map book in both our cars, but I see no problem in adopting technolgy when it can be helpful.

Don’t understand your comment wrt tyre pressures. I set the tyres before he left and it’s got TPMS so what tyre pressure has to do with navigating around Manchester is beyond me. 😂
Tpms in Manchester lets you know when your wheels have been stolen

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts