Tyres

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Post removed as it contributed nothing to original posting and was deliberately antagonistic.

STOP the nit picking for goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY does almost every topic have to end up with minute detail of minute points and seemingly "point scoring" by some trying to prove "I know better than you".

A poster asked a simple question to which a simple answer is all that is required.
Its a CARAVAN being towed, NOT a Jumbo Jet landing !!!!!!!!
Its never going to go above 60MPH (legally anyway).......

What I would encourage the OP to do Is contact Swift and get an answer from them as to what tyres and what pressures to use as they make the van and should have that info available.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes a great pity...............

The OP asked for help with an important safety related caravan tyre question which is why I responded.
I am not interested in analysing and commenting on other poster's responses! (unless they are just plain wrong)

Some posters seem to not have any worthwhile advice to give and just resort to what has gone on here.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Indeed enough is enough! My questions was legitimate and as everything to do with safety.being as on here people use a so called formula to try to give advice on the right psi to inflate a tyre to, to support any given weight of any vehicle.. Car or caravan.. Moderator please read my ooriginal post. Did anyone actually answer the specifics I asked. Answer no. Did anyone then take offence? Yes. Gafferbill did.! and you delete my post. So anybody here wiser, err yes me. Nobody seems to know the answer to a legitimate safety question, although some thought they did and took offence. Mustt be me why answer a question that is asked when you don't know the answer and then take offence to it! Well I actually feel justified and no doubt this post will be removed. I feel justified because the prof, as yet hasn't replied, with a link to the fact the formula everybody seems to repeatedly use, is indeed correct. So the question was a good one regardless of anybody thoughts....

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
http://www.dawsengineering.com/linked_files/tirepressureatreducedloads.pdf

This Boffin seems to have a good grasp of the situation.

Too deep for me :(
To precis that concise account :-

Conclusion:- Tire pressure required to support partial loads is predicted by the stiffness model to vary linearly with the load

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jonny.

I will make my own decision on 'if or when' to join the thread and it will not be at your dictate.

My silence is just that - silence. It neither supports or challenges your position. All it means is, so far I have not joined the debate on this thread.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi prof.all of which means you haven't been able to source any tyre manufacturers data that clarifies what I have been asking. I believe my stance was neutral! As all I asked was for proper sourced data to show the link, between max psi and the max load index. Although from your reply even you have incorrectly assumed God knows what. Of course none of this would have arisen if tyre manufacturers clarified it with something as simple as. Load index maxuim @ max psi.!

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh. This isn't as you state prof, a debate. Because I never asked for opinions! Nor did I give one I merely made a statement concerning the lack of sourced proper technical data to explain the link between two items. I asked for properly sourced info.. I believe my termologies were as accurate and concisely written down in the hope to not cause confusion. Yet clearly they have. Now that's either because I still didn't clarify things as good as needed, anyone is free to show me how I could have clarified things better.. ,

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Jonny - next time you want information, have a look for yourself - Google is an excellent tool and we have better things to do than your searches.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yet again I see that despite a warning that one poster seems intent on posting contentious replies and seemingly trying to belittle others for some vague point of which eludes me, and probably others.
I left an earlier post even after the poster had a good idea that it may be removed and the person to whom that post was directed at has replied, but even that was apparently "not good enough".

Yet again a topic has been brought to its knees by pathetic nit picking and one posters continual antagonistic posts.
That poster now has a month ban from the site and should consider how he posts, should he return.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jonny,

I am not here to do your bidding or the ground work for your arguments.

Re read and believe my last comment. Do not make any assumption about my non contribution.

If you persist in trying to imply I have a particular opinion because I have not expressed one, I will ask the moderators to review your postings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts