Tyron Bands

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The wall of my nearside tyre on my caravan was looking rather scuffed so I decided to change it for the spare. This meant taking the tyres off, as my spare is steel whereas the original is alloy and fitted with a Tyron band.

So far I have asked three tyre fitting firms to do the change over and all of them have said they do not work on tyres with Tyron Bands.

This has made me wonder, what if I had a puncture, how quickly would I be able to get it repaired?

Has any one else had this problem if so how was it resolved.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We took our tyre to ATS and they had no problems with repairing it in fact they adviced me to have my bands fitted by them in future as they where cheaper than glossop caravans. As ATS are one of the largest tyre depots in the uk you should have very little trouble getting your tyres repaired.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
A few months ago, I was ridiculed in a thread on this site for saying that I had removed my Tyron bands from my caravan for exactly the same reason. I tend to tour in remote areas and the advice of a local tyre dealer was that I would find it difficult to have work done as many places will not touch Tyron bands. I had already had this reaction when wanting to replace tyres. I now play safe and replace my tyres every third season to reduce risk of problems - punctures can of course happen any time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Tyron Band problem has been resolved. The Tyron web site gave a list of suppliers, so I contacted the closest one and today had the work done. In the event a new tyre was deemed proper, especially as the tyre was over 5 years old. The cost was

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
My Tyron Band problem has been resolved. The Tyron web site gave a list of suppliers, so I contacted the closest one and today had the work done. In the event a new tyre was deemed proper, especially as the tyre was over 5 years old. The cost was

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My advice would be change any tyre over 5 years old no matter what it's appearance.If you ever are unfortuneate enough to have a flat or blow out, you need to change both tyres anyway as the inside tyre wall of the inflated van usually gets severly worn as the van goes down on the flat tyre.

Tyron bands.... a must in my opinion. Just wait until you get to see their benfit if you have a blow out.However I hope they are money wisely spent but never needed !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts