Ultima 260

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann the Dealer is Crowland Caravans - (01733 - 210560) i think the ones that they had delivered (blue / burgundy)were all allocated to specific orders, speak to Matthew / Peter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
am i to understand that the three fibreglas pole sets and the three pins join together to make the poles stay in the correct positiuon and that the split ring is what is used to peg this to the ground ???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil, spot on the fibre glass poles have a rubber tip on one end this you thread through the awning up to top, the bottom you place into the connection with the steel ring which is attached to the awning, this is adjustable. you then fix your steel peg through the ring into the ground, best put the steel peg at a angle to stop the peg from coming out of the ground.

There are two sets ot alum poles the largest you connect just under the roof the smaller you thread across between the fibre glass poles.

Our local dealer has one erected in there shop.

Trust this is the info that you where looking for.

Royston

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well thansk for confirming that. I've worked out that the flat ended "thicker aluminium poles span across insoide the awning there are two "pockets" for the flat ends.

There are some smaller poles with spikes on which i assume makes the cannopy effect ???

Looks good on the lawn so far although not fully pegged down.

we'll see what its like on a hard standing Thursday morning !!!

May 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi all

Tried out the new Ultima 390 over the weekend it went up a treat even though there was a strong breeze.

It was just the two of us and we had no problems.

I would recommend it to anybody especially over a weekend, in fact it is very suitable for longer periods.

Regards

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Les.

I'm looking to buy an Ultima 390 but am not sure if it will be too big for my van.

What van have you got and did you have any problems with the awning?

Jun 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martin, the best thing to do before byuing the 390 is to measure 390cm from the door and see where the measurements come, in case it should foul a window, then you will be more aware whether you will require the 390 or the 260!

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Derrick. I think I should have made my previous message a bit clearer.

At the present time, we have a 2005 Bailey Ranger 470/4 and I think that the Ultima 390 will fit the full length of the van. There may also be an issue with the awning rail sloping slighty as it nears the front of the van.

We know that we will be changing the Ranger for a larger van next year so I didn't want to buy a smaller awning now then change again next year.

May 3, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Derrick. I think I should have made my previous message a bit clearer.

At the present time, we have a 2005 Bailey Ranger 470/4 and I think that the Ultima 390 will fit the full length of the van. There may also be an issue with the awning rail sloping slighty as it nears the front of the van.

We know that we will be changing the Ranger for a larger van next year so I didn't want to buy a smaller awning now then change again next year.
Hi Martin

I have an Avondale Landranger 6400 the top rail had about 12 inches to spare before it started to run off. if I had the expertise i would show you a picture.

Never the less it was a good fit.

Good luck

Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martin

I was ordering the 390 from awnings.co.uk and he asked if the rail was level or whether it started to slope down. Fot it to fit on our Pageant Burgundy Series 5, the first foot above the door slopes slightly. He wouldn't sell it to me saying it had to be perfectly level. Good customer care - changed plans and ordered the Spacelite.

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. A person on another forum had the same problem with the Ultima 390 and his Bailey Ranger 500/5. He overcame the problem with the sloping roof by rigging up some sort of bungee cord to the awning.

May give it a try and see how it goes. If you see a Ranger with a 'wonky' Ulitma 390, it'll be me!

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi David.

Believe it or not, I still haven't ordered one yet and we go away to Burrs Country Park in just over a week.

I was looking at the Ultima 260 today but noticed that it has sold out at most places with the next delivery in May.

Will more than likely go for the 390 and put up with the sloping rail for a year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi to you all,

We have just come back from Ferry Meadows on a 4 night stop, to ckeck that all systems are go,also to try out our new Ultima 260.

I can see the reluctance to sell this type of Porch awning (260, 390)to caravan owners that have a slope in the Top awning rails.

We are lucky where as the new series 5 Ranger( we have model 460/4)has a complete straight awning rail along the top of the caravan.

It becomes apparent when you start to erect the awning, you place the three( 260) or or four (390)fibre glass poles into the sleeves provided.peg these into the ground, making sure that you have the side edges as close to the van as possible.

You have qty 2 alum poles that you position one across the inside of the roof, which fit into two pads one either side adjust the width to suit.and the other into two pads across the inside of the front of the awning.

You then use the three or four Tie ropes to stop the fibre poles from moving side ways once assembled it becomes a very stable porch awning

You need the three poles to be of equal height from the awning rail to the ground to assemble the awning as i have described, with one of the poles being positioned on a slope i would imagen the awning would be less stable.

I myself would recommend the 260 , It makes a great porch awning for a price of

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I am thinking of buying the 260 or 390 but can't decide which one to go for. I don't want to buy the 260 and then wish I'd gone for the 390 with much more space. Could someone please give me an idea to how long both sizes take to erect with 1 and 2 people, if the 390 is a similar time to the 260 I would go for the bigger version. Any feedback in general about this awning good or bad would be appreciated, thanks, Craig.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Craig, regading assy of the awnings, Having just assembled our first attempt for the 260, I would say the only difference in assy time for the 390 would be the extra fibre pole and tie rope only a few mins.

We took about 1 hr which now we know what to do would be about 30mins, threading the fibre poles into the sleeves it quite easy,we had a problem trying to get the sides close to the van , found staking the end part first as close to the van as you can before pegging the poles solved the problem.The fibre poles are inserted into a metal tube with a ring attathed that you peg into the ground.

Royston

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts