Unfair Payment System

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 15, 2023
Visit site
If you can't pay by credit card, use Paypal. Then only one organisation has your data?
Whilst I have one credit card for on-line purchases that never leaves the house, there is only one payee that I use that doesn't use Paypal - Amazon!
PayPal is my preference when purchasing online, for the same reason, plus there is an extra layer of security , likewise ApplePay when out and about.
l’ll only use a card when absolutely necessary!

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
I only use PayPal and a low credit limit credit card to pay on line. Debit card is for drawing cash only.
I usually pay CLs using bank transfer or cash if I really have to.
If a debit card was the only way to pay I would go elsewhere.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
PayPal is my preference when purchasing online, for the same reason, plus there is an extra layer of security , likewise ApplePay when out and about.
l’ll only use a card when absolutely necessary!
Unfortunately with third party payment issue the rub is if there is dispute it can be quite a rigmarole to get a refund. Even using a card can give you grey hairs when there is a dispute and you are trying to get a refund. However most reputable organisations don't seem to quibble over a few bob here and there as they know you will come back.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I use Paypal online where ever possible since the card details are not handed over to the final seller. However one issue with it is that Paypal send your registered email address to the seller. I keep a seperate email address for secure activities like Paypal which I don't use for online shopping so Paypal are not helping me by giving this out.

I've had a number of occassions when I've needed to get a refund and have paid by Paypal and its never been a problem - appearing back on my card quite quickly these days.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Can't you pay by credit transfer? Then they have to give details of their account, not you of yours.
That’s the BACS system which apart from
weekends is virtually instantaneous. We are having a new roller garage door installed at our daughter’s house today. On satisfactory completion I will use BACS to pay the invoiced balance and the contractor accepts receipt of payment on site.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
That’s the BACS system which apart from
weekends is virtually instantaneous. We are having a new roller garage door installed at our daughter’s house today. On satisfactory completion I will use BACS to pay the invoiced balance and the contractor accepts receipt of payment on site.
BACS and Faster Payments are similar but different systems - Faster Payments is virtually instantaneous whereas BACS takes 3 days - I think the transaction limit is higher on BACS - when we sold our little runaround recently the buyer used Faster Payments before we let the car go.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
BACS and Faster Payments are similar but different systems - Faster Payments is virtually instantaneous whereas BACS takes 3 days - I think the transaction limit is higher on BACS - when we sold our little runaround recently the buyer used Faster Payments before we let the car go.
Thanks, what I generally call BACS must be Bank Transfer or Faster Payment as they are almost instant. Strangely enough when companies state their bank details for payment they often quote BACS where in fact they are Bank Transfer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts