Unusual pets

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone have a particularly unusual pet that they take caravanning with them? I'm thinking birds, lizards, ferrets, rabbits, tarantulas .ˇyou name it. Something a little bit different than the usual Fido, although maybe someone out there is brave enough to take six dogs with them, or a Great Dane?

If this sounds like you, Practical Caravan is putting together a feature that shows other readers how pet-friendly caravanning can be, and would love to hear from you. Please email alex.newby@haynet.com by this Monday 27 June and we'll send you a few questions to answer. You'll also need to be able to supply a small selection of photos of your pet enjoying a holiday in the caravan. Over to you .ˇAlex (Editor, Practical Caravan)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we ve just returned from Moreton in marsh cc site and saw a couple of bird cages present but the real surprise was the people who had brought their guinea pig! Thats the first time ive seen one of those on site!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have often taken a canary with me, and once 6 bantam chicks that hatched the morning we were going away.Sometimes I even take the wife with me.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I came across a 'vanner walking a ferret on one site. Rather cute really. Another had a parrot in a cage inside his awning!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hugh could you get in touch with the magazine at practical.caravan@haynet.com if you'd like to be involved in our feature? Thanks. Alex - Editor.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
We take our pet hedgehog (spike) away with us all the time.We rescued her one day when we found her pinned to the ground by another hedgehog,she must have been in distress judging by the noise she was making.She travels in the caravan in an open topped box and seems very happy, apart from the time I had to stop suddenly and we found her velcroed to the front pelmit . Another time during a friends buffet I took my eye off her for a second and she was gone,after an hour of frantic searching we eventually found her hiding on the table camoflaged with cheese and pineapple.We will even take her away with us at Christmas to the New Forest, even though its a bit cold for her,as she comes in very handy for cleaning our boots.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
We take our pet hedgehog (spike) away with us all the time.We rescued her one day when we found her pinned to the ground by another hedgehog,she must have been in distress judging by the noise she was making.She travels in the caravan in an open topped box and seems very happy, apart from the time I had to stop suddenly and we found her velcroed to the front pelmit . Another time during a friends buffet I took my eye off her for a second and she was gone,after an hour of frantic searching we eventually found her hiding on the table camoflaged with cheese and pineapple.We will even take her away with us at Christmas to the New Forest, even though its a bit cold for her,as she comes in very handy for cleaning our boots.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahaha

good to have you back brian !

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina,Its nice to be back,how was Wales?hope you had a great time.we went to Sheepcote valley CC site Brighton,you should try it ,the kids will have a great time.Its a short drive to the marina with its restaurants overlookig the harbour Also boat trips to get the kids really 'green'(not true they were fine,but i wasn't my usual colour!)chat soon...Brian.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina,Its nice to be back,how was Wales?hope you had a great time.we went to Sheepcote valley CC site Brighton,you should try it ,the kids will have a great time.Its a short drive to the marina with its restaurants overlookig the harbour Also boat trips to get the kids really 'green'(not true they were fine,but i wasn't my usual colour!)chat soon...Brian.
Hi Brian

Wales was FANTASTIC,really miffed when it was time to come home,it was the first time with the awning and what a great difference it made, weather was fab

and we all had a ball ! been to yorkshire since and off to cornwall in august for a week !!the more I go the more addicted I become, unfortunately my money isn't keeping up at the mo !!Hope you have a fantastic hol,miss you when you're not on I have to say the hedgehog post had me in stitches !!!!!!!!!!

Safe Travelling !!!!!x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You guys . !!!

Seriously, could anyone put us in touch with caravanners who take unusual pets caravanning? We had someone with a rabbit at our rally last year but didn't manage to get their details. For example. Any ideas?

(Editor, Practical Caravan - alex.newby@haynet.com)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

I do not think it unusual but we take our cat with us most times when we go away,although it is to CLs or similar.

We rece them out first,we do not use them if it is close to rail lines or busy roads,check with the owners it is OK to bring him,and we all have a good time.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
LMAAOOOOO @ velcroed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts