Urgent help with LED brake lights Ford 2010 S Max

Jun 13, 2006
Visit site
I am hoping that someone can help me here.

I have a 2010 S max and have just fitted the tow bar - not too much of a problem, have fitted a tow bar to my previous S Max.

However, now I am trying to fix up the electrics. All ok with side lights and indicators - measure voltage at conector point and scotch lock to them. However, when I try to measure 12v with the brake light in oporation - nothing on any of the pins!

These are LED brake lights and I am wondering if I will see the same voltage as with normal light bulbs? I am hoping to go away at the weekend and need to get this sorted out fast.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I think that you will possibly require a dedicated wiring harness, that way you wont fry the ECU or damage the can bus system, it will cost a lot more to repair than buying a,

dedicated wiring loom ......

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Mick,go to www.smaxownersclub.co.uk.lots of helpful owners on there and they have the info you want.you can browse and ask questions,or you can have full membership for

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
A colleague has an Insignia which turns off the (tailgate mounted) brake lights when the tailgate is opened. Does the S-Max suffer the same idiot idea?

Jun 13, 2006
Visit site
Thanks everyone - have managed to complete the job.

I used sensing relays to scotch lock into the vehicle wiring. All works fine!

Saved a packet by not getting the Ford harness.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts