Used Excel Excite 4 Galaxy mobility scooter

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks BB
The answer to your fault code says

8 flash code on this scooter relates to a motor voltage fault. This means that the correct voltage is not getting to the motor from the power supply. This can either be caused by a bad harness between the power module and the motor or a problem with the motor itself. You need to measure resistance between the motor harness and intermediate motor harness this will determine which component needs to be replaced.

Hopefully it’s just a connection issue.A new motor sounds expensive .😢
There again the batteries may be dropping their voltage as soon as a load is applied
I suspect you will be treating your scooter to an expensive Christmas present.
Hopefully you will find out next week.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks BB
The answer to your fault code says

8 flash code on this scooter relates to a motor voltage fault. This means that the correct voltage is not getting to the motor from the power supply. This can either be caused by a bad harness between the power module and the motor or a problem with the motor itself. You need to measure resistance between the motor harness and intermediate motor harness this will determine which component needs to be replaced.

Hopefully it’s just a connection issue.A new motor sounds expensive .😢
There again the batteries may be dropping their voltage as soon as a load is applied
I suspect you will be treating your scooter to an expensive Christmas present.
Hopefully you will find out next week.
Hi Dusty it just depends on what he finds and we will take it from there (y)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bb you tell us the battery voltage was 13.1, which is more than I would expect, even for a brand new battery and certainly more than one that's been used regularly for 18 months. It begs the question, how soon after the charger was disconnected did you measure the voltage? You should normally wait at least an hour or more to allow the chemicals to stabilise.

However, based on what you have measured, 13.1V suggests the battery is healthy.

The need to repeatedly use the start button to get the scooter to move, does suggest to me it could be a motor fault, such as stiff shaft bearings, rather than a circuit fault. The repeated attempts eventually encourages the the motor to spin up. Perhaps it needs a lubrication service.

This of course all guess work, whatever the problem I hope it's not too expensive or long winded.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Bb you tell us the battery voltage was 13.1, which is more than I would expect, even for a brand new battery and certainly more than one that's been used regularly for 18 months. It begs the question, how soon after the charger was disconnected did you measure the voltage? You should normally wait at least an hour or more to allow the chemicals to stabilise.

However, based on what you have measured, 13.1V suggests the battery is healthy.

The need to repeatedly use the start button to get the scooter to move, does suggest to me it could be a motor fault, such as stiff shaft bearings, rather than a circuit fault. The repeated attempts eventually encourages the the motor to spin up. Perhaps it needs a lubrication service.

This of course all guess work, whatever the problem I hope it's not too expensive or long winded.
Hi Prof johnL Thanks for the information very much appreciated

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Latest update it has been checked at a mobility services place and there is a serious fault just weighting up my options what to do next ,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Latest update it has been checked at a mobility services place and there is a serious fault just weighting up my options what to do next ,
A fault with the battery, motor, control boards or something else? If the dealer can identify the fault it should be possible to replace the faulty parts with new parts shouldn’t it? Assuming of course parts are available.

My wife ordered a recliner last January. It arrived in July, and on first use a metal support in the under- mechanism broke. The seller was going to replace the whole of the reclining mechanism, but parts weren’t available. So a new chair was ordered, due for delivery by the end of December. I will believe it when I see it arrive. But we put our “ rejection marker” down in July, so we can have a full refund if required.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Crikey BB you’ve barely had it a year! Looking at the parts list for my Pride GoGo the most expensive bit is the motor about 15% of the total new price. Have they told you what part is involved? Do you trust the dealer? Keep us posted

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Crikey BB you’ve barely had it a year! Looking at the parts list for my Pride GoGo the most expensive bit is the motor about 15% of the total new price. Have they told you what part is involved? Do you trust the dealer? Keep us posted
Hi dusty had it longer then a year more like 18 months but it not new when i brought it . that why it only had 6 months warranty .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
A fault with the battery, motor, control boards or something else? If the dealer can identify the fault it should be possible to replace the faulty parts with new parts shouldn’t it? Assuming of course parts are available.

My wife ordered a recliner last January. It arrived in July, and on first use a metal support in the under- mechanism broke. The seller was going to replace the whole of the reclining mechanism, but parts weren’t available. So a new chair was ordered, due for delivery by the end of December. I will believe it when I see it arrive. But we put our “ rejection marker” down in July, so we can have a full refund if required.
i was told it something to do with the motor and while he check some other items came up and it might be to costly to repair so with that in mind . a friend told me to look at this mobility scooter one owner from new and with the help of my wife and family it might be a early christmas present

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
i was told it something to do with the motor and while he check some other items came up and it might be to costly to repair so with that in mind . a friend told me to look at this mobility scooter one owner from new and with the help of my wife and family it might be a early christmas present
And?? New buggy?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have upgraded the front light on the TGA Mystere mobility scooter i brought this from Halfords Advanced 500 Lumen front bike light USB Rechargeable
and what a difference

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have upgraded the front light on the TGA Mystere mobility scooter i brought this from Halfords Advanced 500 Lumen front bike light USB Rechargeable
and what a difference
BB, It is also a good idea to fit a detachable rear multi flash red light. All rechargeable. Last hours.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Had my new front light from Halfords over a month yesterday was out on my mobility scooter at 5.15am and sad to say it went off three times far from reliable product

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts