Used Excel Excite 4 Galaxy mobility scooter

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I brought the above it came with brand new batteries 73 ah x2 in May 2021 and solid tyres i am wondering if someone will know what is wrong i don"t want to contact the main dealer just yet
At present we have lights that come when it fully charged as you can see but just lately the first red light blinks and it will not go i am thinking there a lose connection or batteries are knackered I would appreciate any help on this matter Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03185.JPG
    DSC03185.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • excel-galaxy-4.jpg
    excel-galaxy-4.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 9
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
My battery lights are very similar. I have decided they are useless. It is supposed to do 8 miles! 3 would be more accurate. It stays on a full charge for most of the running then drops like a brick. Just took it to Morrisons. Full charge all the way there up a steady hill. downhill coming back and I just made it. It was still showing two red and one amber. But it just about moved.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery lights are very similar. I have decided they are useless. It is supposed to do 8 miles! 3 would be more accurate. It stays on a full charge for most of the running then drops like a brick. Just took it to Morrisons. Full charge all the way there up a steady hill. downhill coming back and I just made it. It was still showing two red and one amber. But it just about moved.

John
Hi John my scooter goes up a big hill every morning to get to this park it usually goes down one light where i take my dogs but now when the first red light blinks it will not go so i keep switching it on and off until the full lights are on display that why i thought there was a fault somewhere . if it the batteries i be looking at £400 to replace .

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi John my scooter goes up a big hill every morning to get to this park it usually goes down one light where i take my dogs but now when the first red light blinks it will not go so i keep switching it on and off until the full lights are on display that why i thought there was a fault somewhere . if it the batteries i be looking at £400 to replace .

Sounds like a fault to me. The batteries are easily tested I think.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Switching the scooter on and off to get the charge indication lights back on won't recharge the batteries BB.
Do you know how to use a voltmeter?
If you do, fully recharge the scooter battery and check the voltage.
Check it again after a couple of hours to check if the voltage drops and by how much.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Switching the scooter on and off to get the charge indication lights back on won't recharge the batteries BB.
Do you know how to use a voltmeter?
If you do, fully recharge the scooter battery and check the voltage.
Check it again after a couple of hours to check if the voltage drops and by how much.
This morning after a overnight charge and when i put the key and turn the first red light is blinking and it will not go so i turn it on and off a few times and bingo i was on my way so i thinking there a fault somewhere . so what do you suggest ?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
This morning after a overnight charge and when i put the key and turn the first red light is blinking and it will not go so i turn it on and off a few times and bingo i was on my way so i thinking there a fault somewhere . so what do you suggest ?

There are complex electronics, relays, and soft starts. I imagine it needs expert examination and possibly a new PCB.

John

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If it’s still under warranty you should contact the supplying dealer, otherwise look for a local mobile servicing tech.

Reactions: Beachball
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Do you use it with the waterproof window covering the lights? I do. It stops water messing up the electronics.

When the Red light flashes do you get beeps too? How many? There’s a fault finding chart for each model. Should be in your handbook.
My initial thought BB is a poor connection in the battery area. Can you check this?

My Pride GoGo Traveller Plus batteries lasted four years. I’ve just replaced them with higher power ones. She will now go nearly 19 miles and happily climb steep hills. Look on line for new batteries. Mine came from SLK mobility batteries, best price, vat free, and upgrades available. Dealer batteries will cost a lot more.
If you can’t sort it best get a local firm in. I’ll be interested to know what has happened .Shame you aren’t closer I could put the meter on it and test the batteries.
My money is on the batteries😥

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you use it with the waterproof window covering the lights? I do. It stops water messing up the electronics.

When the Red light flashes do you get beeps too? How many? There’s a fault finding chart for each model. Should be in your handbook.
My initial thought BB is a poor connection in the battery area. Can you check this?

My Pride GoGo Traveller Plus batteries lasted four years. I’ve just replaced them with higher power ones. She will now go nearly 19 miles and happily climb steep hills. Look on line for new batteries. Mine came from SLK mobility batteries, best price, vat free, and upgrades available. Dealer batteries will cost a lot more.
If you can’t sort it best get a local firm in. I’ll be interested to know what has happened .Shame you aren’t closer I could put the meter on it and test the batteries.
My money is on the batteries😥
Hi Dusty when i got it came with a canopy so if it raining i put it on i also think it the batteries what on at present is Strident 12v x 73 ah and the dealer said they cost £400 but what SLK Mobility batteries like ?
This morning just got blinking on the first red light and nothing would work but i kept pressing the on/off switch and the next minute it went took dogs out at 5am .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
.....This morning just got blinking on the first red light and nothing would work but i kept pressing the on/off switch and the next minute it went took dogs out at 5am .
The trouble with this approach is that the scooter will work after you press the on / off switch repeatedly, but the scooter could stop working when you're away from your house, leaving you stranded.
Instead of asking the forum to guess what the problem might be, get it checked professionally, otherwise you could spend money needlessly.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
As i said i was just wondering with some of the forum members have mobility scooters and they might know what wrong .I have been in touch with a mobility scooter dealer and they are going to check it But thanks for all the information i do appreciate. (y)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
As i said i was just wondering with some of the forum members have mobility scooters and they might know what wrong .I have been in touch with a mobility scooter dealer and they are going to check it But thanks for all the information i do appreciate. (y)
I have 2 mobility scooters but I have no idea what's wrong with your scooter BB.
We can try to guess but if you spend your money buying batteries etc based on our guesses you could waste your money or get stranded.
The dealer will tell you what's wrong and should be able to carry out a repair for you

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB,
Just check the fault codes in your handbook. Could save you money. Maybe just a very simple thing like the neutral lever needing a reset.ie on off sorted

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB,
Just check the fault codes in your handbook. Could save you money. Maybe just a very simple thing like the neutral lever needing a reset.ie on off sorted
Hi Dusty i have just check the batteries with voltmeter and they at 13.1
just depends what this simple thing is .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB,
Hi Dusty was watching YouTube on mobility scooter flash codes & fault finding so i counted the blinks and it says motor volt error so i am hoping it just needs a reset

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts