Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
my husband and i went to norfolk last sept and a guy went into the back of our van we went through the insurance and the van got towed to doncaster to be sorted we have been waiting ever since to keep being told that they are waiting for parts although this week fingers crossed they should be ready but i will believe it when i see it if your van is repairable why when they can make a brand new one in half the time ours is a abbey freestyle 540 should it take nearly eight months to repair it is ridiculous as anyone had the same problem i would love to know our van is about 4yrs old they also have said it is because they don,t make that model nomore

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Jane,

It should not take 8 months to repair your van, and clearly, something has gone wrong.

Can you drop me an e-mail with your chassis number, name and dealer name, and I will investigate.

Thanks,

Ash

technicalsupport@swiftleisure.co.uk

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I had the simalar problem, I had to have a new side on my van after strong wind took the awning off ,it took from end of may last year until the middle of feb then I got fed up with the excuses, so I rang my insurance loss adjuster and he sorted it out in within three weeks. Ring yours up and see if they can speed the caravan place up you never know it might work, good luck.

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Obviously something wrong for it to take that long ,a few years ago I had someone run in the back of me and it was a write off, this happened on 15th July ,on the 7th of September I was ordering a new one at the Lawns Show ,I was insured with the CC,everything as smooth as clockwork

Hope you get yours resolved soon

Baza

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
an average time from authorisation from an insurance company to van returned repaired should be approx 3 mths. the main reason for this is the caravan panel manufacturerm (euramax) are still in the dark ages with british leyland and quote 8-10wks for delivery of aluminium panels. they have a manopoly on panel production within the caravan industry, and they put current production runs and warranty issues before any retail purchases. and the biggest joke yet is the fact the some panels which are less than 4 yrs old are already obsolete and they will not manufacturer anymore. they are a pile of crap.

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
hi we have rung the loss adjusters and really only to be told that it is,nt out of the ordinary for this to take as long as it as which really is,nt acceptable our parts were,nt ordered until feb 09 and our bang with our van was in sept 08 so it all seems ridiculous to have to take so long but we ar in their hands so not alot we can do i don, t suppose we have had some help from the guy from swift leisure which the way it looks it will be about the end of june before it is fixed and back to us jane matthews

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
an average time from authorisation from an insurance company to van returned repaired should be approx 3 mths. the main reason for this is the caravan panel manufacturerm (euramax) are still in the dark ages with british leyland and quote 8-10wks for delivery of aluminium panels. they have a manopoly on panel production within the caravan industry, and they put current production runs and warranty issues before any retail purchases. and the biggest joke yet is the fact the some panels which are less than 4 yrs old are already obsolete and they will not manufacturer anymore. they are a pile of crap.
hi yes totally agree that it is a crap situation with these parts and should no way take so long it is,nt fair to people when you are insured and expect a job done in some sort of respectable time just folk dragging their feet

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Jane,

It should not take 8 months to repair your van, and clearly, something has gone wrong.

Can you drop me an e-mail with your chassis number, name and dealer name, and I will investigate.

Thanks,

Ash

technicalsupport@swiftleisure.co.uk
hi ash i rang the loss adjuster this morning really to ask why when the accident was in sept 08 did the parts not get ordered until feb 09 really all i got was this is not out of the ordinary these days but it is not acceptable we just feel that had they have been ordered at least in oct the latest nov things may have moved quicker jane

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts