Vango airbeams, anyone had problems???

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Went to the Lakes on Sunday & decided to check the Vango Kalari 380 awning we have as wer'e hoping to get away for 10 days in August. Wev'e had it since April 2017 but this was only the 3rd time out with it(wife's been ill, generally use the Kampa porch awning etc etc) Anyway it was leaking from a top seam on one of the main beams & soon deflated. I did a fix using the kit provided but it also failed soon after so I had to prop the middle of the awning up with an extending pole. I'm awaiting a response from Vango but don't hold out much hope & am also waiting for a reply from the dealer we got it from (when we bought the caravan) but as It's actually out of warranty I don't hold out much hope there either, apart from finding the cost of a replacement, but I digress...anyone else had a problem with an airbeam on it's 3rd inflation?

Your's despondently, jimmyg352. :(

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Plenty of spare beams on EBay so I guess that failure is not uncommon. My grandson had a Vango Portland airbeam and that had one beam leak, and like you the repair kit did not work.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hoping to try out our new Vango Air porch awning it not been out of the box it came in so i hope you can get yours repaired like (OC) plenty of spares on Ebay .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been luckly not had problems with our Sunncamp 220 PORCH. BUT i found that Gorrilla tape, clear works well, on a friends Tube. We use it on our hottub. On an an awning tube, try and use a hot Hair clip or Straightened out paper clip to melt the end of the split befor appling tape or repair, this will stop the split from spreading.

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the replies folks, Iv'e ordered one via the dealer to make sure I get the correct one, £39.99 so not that bad. Just bad that it was only the 3rd time it's been inflated. The clear Gorrila tape & hot paperclip sounds a good idea. *runs off to get some tape in case it happens again*
Thanks again.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been luckly not had problems with our Sunncamp 220 PORCH. BUT i found that Gorrilla tape, clear works well, on a friends Tube. We use it on our hottub. On an an awning tube, try and use a hot Hair clip or Straightened out paper clip to melt the end of the split befor appling tape or repair, this will stop the split from spreading.
i would love a hottub so a new one delivered two doors up from me it look a big one enjoy yours (Hutch)

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday afternoon and today after doing a lot of work repairing a woodn fence 20 panels , the hottub was great with a couple of beers, with the bubbles on to massage the weary muscles.

Reactions: otherclive
Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Well there's a thing! As I said I'd ordered a new tube via Ropers of Catterick so after a week I called them for an update as we need it next week, anyway it transpires that Vango have closed for the summer holidays & aren't back till 18th August. So I cried on the phone & the very helpful chap at Ropers said to take the tube & cover down & he'd see what he could do. When he took the old tube out of the cover It turned out that It's about 25cms longer than the case. (I'd noticed but thought it was because I had it inflated slightly to find the hole) Apparently this is a common occurrence. If the manufacturer doesn't have any tubes the right size they just bung an oversized one in, which isn't right but it happens. Anyway, Lee had a search around the spares box & found a tube the same length as mine. He bunged it in, inflated it & happy days!
Big thanks to Ropers!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well there's a thing! As I said I'd ordered a new tube via Ropers of Catterick so after a week I called them for an update as we need it next week, anyway it transpires that Vango have closed for the summer holidays & aren't back till 18th August. So I cried on the phone & the very helpful chap at Ropers said to take the tube & cover down & he'd see what he could do. When he took the old tube out of the cover It turned out that It's about 25cms longer than the case. (I'd noticed but thought it was because I had it inflated slightly to find the hole) Apparently this is a common occurrence. If the manufacturer doesn't have any tubes the right size they just bung an oversized one in, which isn't right but it happens. Anyway, Lee had a search around the spares box & found a tube the same length as mine. He bunged it in, inflated it & happy days!
Big thanks to Ropers!
I am pleased it mended i have made a note about Roper"s in case we have any problems with our vango also i hope you have a nice break

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts